CHAPTER 5

The next morning, Dinh and Khuong got up from their bunk beds. Although they planned to meet with Mai for brunch, she did not show up. Dinh and Khuong decided to reach out to her. Mai replied in a message that she was on her way. Together they enjoyed the cruise ship's buffet. Later on, at around 8 AM, the cruise ship docked at Port of Halifax in Nova Scotia, Canada. They were excited to tour the fishing village of Peggy's Cove to visit the famous lighthouse. Mai enjoyed taking selfies with Dinh and Khuong. Next, they made their way to Spring Garden Road to explore the downtown. Dinh and Mai wanted to check out the Stillwell Beer Garden, whereas Khuong was more interested in the Bookmark, a local bookstore adjacent to Stillwell.

     After indulging in both venues, they decided to head over to the Titanic & Iceberg Exhibit. They had a great time seeing authentic artifacts, official movie props, astonishing models and displays. Mai, Dinh, and Khuong took turns holding an actual piece of iceberg ice. "Whoa! That's freezing!" Mai exclaimed. Dinh and Khuong laughed. With plenty of time before the cruise's departure, they decided to take pictures of the city at Citadel Hill, one of Canada's most national historic sites. Having completed all the excursions Halifax had to offer, Mai, Dinh, and Khuong walked the Halifax Waterfront. The Harbourwalk had a spectacular view and multiple attractions—restaurants, shopping, hammocks, and so on. They all relaxed on their own hammock. Soon enough, they all dozed off.

     Dinh had a peculiar dream. It was about the time when Khuong and he went through the portal after having defeated the Warrior Giant. Angel delivered a message to him through the meteorite. The message was about being careful next time they visit Votros. Dinh asked why, and Angel informed that there was an entity watching from afar. Dinh wondered if there was any connection with the malevolent Processor that consumed all of the sector's resources. The dream soon ended.

     Yelling at the top of her lungs, Mai said, "Wake up! "We are gonna miss the cruise departure!" Dinh and Khuong sat up immediately and scrambled to get out of the comfy hammocks. The three ran as fast as they could back to the port. They sprinted up the boarding ramp. Panting and catching his breath, Dinh said, "Whew! That was a close one!" Khuong added, "I thought we weren't going to make it!" A voice from the cruise intercom announced that the departure will be delayed until further notice. Mai expressed, "Seriously?! We ran all the way here and now our vacation is delayed!" Dinh and Khuong suggested doing more activities on the ship. Mai's frown quickly turned upside down. At the end of the night, Dinh and Khuong walked Mai to her cabin and greeted her goodnight. As soon as Khuong and Dinh settled in their cabin, Khuong's star shard and Dinh's meteorite appeared.

     "What's happening?" Khuong asked. Dinh was beginning to believe that he actually was not dreaming on the hammock. A portal opened before them. As their vacation outfits transformed into their armor, they walked through the portal and arrived at Votros.

༄༄༄

     Angel anticipated their arrival. "Greetings", Angel said. Dinh and Khuong greeted Angel and asked why they were called. Angel began explaining the situation to them. "The Sector where you two defeated the Warrior Giant is almost fully restored. Thank you again for all your efforts. However, several other sectors have been experiencing anomalies," Angel said. Then, using its staff, Angel showed them the map of Votros. Dinh and Khuong observed the affected sectors, some of which had larger red orbs than the others. Khuong asked, "Should we split up and resolve these anomalies?" Angel shook its head, "I would not strongly recommend that tactic. If you go individually, being outnumbered will pose a high risk. It's best if you two stick together." Dinh asked, "So, which sector should we head to first?" Angel recommended Sector χ-5537, the sector closest to their current position. "The entrance to this underground sector is up ahead," Angel explained.