Chapter 2

10 years later (2016)-Harm Eddie Awards

Lana's (Raeanna) Point of View

"Lana, you need to get up! We have to leave soon! Branson is going to kill you if you are late meeting him. He is very particular about how you look on the red carpet!" Lincoln (Ryan) yells up to me.

Lincoln and I got discovered shortly after our move to Nashville. I later found out that Volley Fade got their big break that night. I heard Cody gave the performance of his life. It's hard to believe how much has changed in 10 years. It has been hard to go to these award shows knowing that I will see them in passing. I have been lucky that we haven't interacted closely. I think they would be able to realize who I was if we did.

I tried calling them the first couple of years. I would block my number and call their phones, I never had the courage to say anything once they answered. It was just soothing to hear their voices. The four of them really helped me through a bunch of shit. But I didn't want to get them involved with my sperm and egg donors. I didn't know how seriously to take their threats that's why I never tried to actually talk to the boys. I didn't want it to get back to the sperm and egg donors.

I stretch as I get up from the bed and then walk down the stairs. I see Linc and Melody, Linc's actress girlfriend, are already eating lunch. I must have gone to bed super late because I normally get up at a decent time.

"About time you get out of bed sleepy head."

"What time is it?"

"11."

"Shit I am going to be so late."

"Branson is going to kill you."

"Good thing he can work magic."

I grab a scone and then grab a travel mug for coffee. I throw my hair up into the hat I have by the back door and pull the hood of my sweatshirt up. I wouldn't have to do this if I would just dye my hair, but I just can't get rid of my blonde locks. So, I wear a brown-haired wig. Linc is finally back to his blonde hair. He said he is going to keep it blonde. I hope so.

"Be careful Lana."

"I will be fine Linc. I will see you at Branson's."

"Later. Love you squirt!"

"Love you too!"

I pull into Branson's studio at 11:45. Oh god I am so dead. I steel myself for the bitch fit I am about to receive.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"I'm sorry I overslept."

"You overslept? I don't believe it."

"I don't even know what time I went to bed last night."

Branson's features soften, "Want to tell me what you are so worried about?"

"I'm not worried."

"This only happens when you are worried, Lana. What is it?"

"The category that Linc and I are presenting has Volley Fade up for nomination."

"SHIT! I forgot about that."

"Shit is right. Will this be the first interaction in 10 years?"

"Yeah." I whisper.

"Well, let's make you extra hot. I have just the thing!"

"Nothing too over the top."

"We aren't going for extra. We are going for drop dead gorgeous!"