Chapter 5

Gavin and Rivers

Lana's Point of View

It's been a couple weeks and I have been a lot of my time with Gavin and Rivers. Rivers and I have been very close lately, we haven't slept together yet. I want to but we just haven't had the opportunity to do so yet. He walks in and wraps his arms around me as I am sitting at the island working on some song ideas. I'm not sure these will work with what we want to do with the collab song, but they could make pretty good country songs.

He kisses my temple, "What is my genius song writer working on right now?"

"Just some song ideas."

"Anything good for the collab?"

"Maybe. It just depends on the direction we want to go."

"Well, I'm sure whatever you decide on will be good."

I laugh, "Well see."

"I see you two are still attached at the hip." Gavin chuckles as he walks in.

"Well, isn't this what you guys always wanted?"

Gavin sighs and pulls a mug out of the cupboard, "Yeah, but we just thought it would be with someone else."

Riv and I give each other a knowing look. Hmm...Maybe I should tell him. Riv nods his head in encouragement.

"Hey Gavin. Would you like to go out today for a bit?"

He spins around, "Don't you two have plans?"

"The only concrete plans this she devil and I have are later tonight in my bed." Riv nips at my neck.

"Are you sure you want to do something?"

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have asked Gavin."

"Okay. Let's go out for a bit then."

Riv lets me go taking my laptop away with him, "Just bring her back in one piece."

"I think I can manage that."

10 minutes later we are sitting in Gavin's truck.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Whatever you like to do in your spare time Gavin."

"If we were in Cali I would say surfing."

"Isn't there a wave pool somewhere here where you can."

"They do. Do you really want to do that? Have you ever been?"

"I have been real surfing before but it's been a couple years."

"Sweet. Let me get some gear. Do you have anything with you?"

"No, I don't."

"That's okay. We'll get you some stuff."

He is so adorable when he gets excited for things. It's nice to see that hasn't changed.

***

An hour and a half later we are at the water park, waiting in line for our turn.

"Have you ever been to one of these?"

"No. The last time I went surfing was 4 years ago."

"I wish we were in Cali. We used to go surfing at this little cove we found. We even used to skipped school to go. Have you always lived in Nashville?"

Just relax and let him figure it out slowly Lana, "No I have only been living there 10 years."

"Where did you live before?"