𝟐𝟔

"Y/NNN!"

"Hey~" Y/n shyly waved as she entered the gym, immediately getting greeted by Hinata who ran right over, Kageyama trailing behind.

"You're early." Kageyama stated, wiping away the sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Better early than late, right?" Y/n awkwardly chuckled, the nerves of meeting new people finally starting to really kick in.

Kageyama shrugged his shoulders, his gaze averting to Hinata, who spoke up again.

"Wow, you're taller than I imagined..." He gawked as he looked up at Y/n.

Y/n's eyebrows furrowed slightly.

She supposed she was quite tall, but never had she ever heard a guy say that to her. She had to admit that most of the men in her life were above average height though...

Y/n slightly opened her mouth, about to say something when Kageyama beat her to it.

"HINATA BOKE- YOU DON'T SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO A GIRL-"

"-ARGH"

Y/n's eyes widened in shock, her hand flying up to cover her mouth. "Oh my gosh..."

She faintly heard tsukishima's snickering from behind her, but her attention was too focused on the sight in front of her.

Kageyama was yelling whilst hitting Hinata at the back of his head?

"Apologize to her right now!"

"I'm sorry-" Hinata breathed out.

"It's fine..." Y/n chuckled awkwardly, rubbing her upper arm in unease.

"I meant it in a good way!"

"I didn't take it the wrong way though, don't worry!" Y/n waved her hands in the air to dismiss the tension. "But thank you..." She forced a smile.

"You're-" Y/n squinted her eyes as she looked down on Hinata. "A different height than I thought you'd be as well..." She spoke, rubbing her chin.

Maybe he just thought she was so tall because he was so short...

"I thought you said you were a middle blocker..." Y/n hummed.

"I AM!" Hinata exclaimed, Kageyama and Tsukishima bursting into laughter.

Hinata's face turned red out of embarrassment as he folded his arms over each other, mumbling something inaudible.

"Oh, my bad..." Y/n couldn't help but let a soft chuckle escape, her smile immediately dropping when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself." Tsukishima spoke tauntingly, bowing down to her level. "You may be a lot of things, but tall isn't one of them..." He smirked.