Cass

April 10, 1912 England

Raps and I were walking inside the titanic. After what felt like hours of being in security we finished. Raps my best friend kept going on and on about how excited she was about being here. Saying stuff like, it has nine decks or the fourth tube that lets out the smoke doesn't work, it's just decoration.

"Did you read the guide or something?" I asked.

"It was a very interesting guide, Cass, but I only got to the N."

I rolled my eyes, trying not to smile. So I let my thoughts flow like water. The reason I was here in England was simple, yet it puzzled me why I was just here.

I was expected to not talk much, have manners, marry and birth a dozen children. I was born in the United States and lived there with my father, my mother abandoned me so he adopted me. I was never an ordinary girl, I like to play soccer, swim, but most importantly martial arts. I never liked to wear dresses or fancy parties. Basically anything lady-like I didn't like. I was so "RADICAL" that my father said the police would put me in prison. And they did. After all, I'm a suffragist, I believe that women and men should be seen and heard equally. Whether it means the right to vote or being able to have a good job. After all, aren't we human beings? I am one of the leaders in New York, not a very popular leader. Probably because I'm not feminine or because my father is a chief police officer. Anyway I fight for freedom and still no one listens. My father put me in prison a year ago, there I saw the horrors of how suffragists were treated. We were hit and spit at, of course that doesn't stop me, I will fight until I'm heard. I'll keep waiting in the wings until I can be heard. That's why I was in England. My father said I was an embarrassment as his daughter, and he sent me here. Apparently his superiors were laughing at him or making rude comments about his daughter for being improper or unladylike.

So I made my journey here to England where I met another suffragist leader. Her nickname is Aunt Willow. She is an awesome leader, when she talks you just have to listen it's impossible not to. She is such a good public speaker, many police officers are on our side of the movement because of her. It isn't enough, but we will keep fighting. There I met her niece Rapunzel. She supports our movement, but isn't as active as us. She is a good person, very positive, friendly and kind. We had a lot of fun in London, going on walks to the park and (ugh) shopping. I get why she likes shopping. She is the daughter of a multimillionaire and she can buy whatever she likes. I am not a fan of shopping but I enjoy her company. I mean I don't need 20 purses in different shades, I can make them myself or use my old one. Raps was on vacation with her aunt and is now going back to New York with her parents. I can't say I missed my dad, but I do want to go back. I heard that the movement is getting stronger there. So Aunt Willow said she would pay for the voyage to New York, I honestly was very thankful. Since I didn't have the money to cross the Atlantic, much less on the Titanic. So Raps and I would go on the Titanic together to New York.

"Cass? Are you listening? I can't find our steward. Good news is I think I know how to get to our room." Raps said.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about... the voyage. Are you sure you know how to get there?" I asked.

"Sure I do this way!" Raps said, pointing to the front.

As we hurried to our room I didn't even get a good look at the stairs. But they were a beautiful sight. The hall was small and a beige color. At the same time only two people could go in opposite directions. It was very crowded, as I looked at my watch I saw it was 12:22. The ship had set sail already, that explained why it was so crowded.

We managed to get to our room. The half wall was blue with white flowers. The other half at the bottom was wood. There was a bed on the right side, it had blue covers and two white pillows one on top of the other. In the left wall was another bed, both of the beds matched. The only difference was that the bed on the right had curtains and poles. On the left wall were two windows. By a mirror was a big wood close.

"Well, not bad. I like it." Raps said, with her hands on her waist.

"I like it, very fancy. But I'm sure I don't need a closet so big." I said.

"I call the bed by the window!" Raps said as she jumped on the bed.

"Fine, but if you break it, you pay it!" I said with a small chuckle

As we said this, we heard a knock on the door. Raps and I exchange glances. I know she thought it was the steward. My first instinct was to see who it was. I didn't trust that whoever was behind the door was just coming for tea or anything else. Someone who could harm us could always be there. Before I could reply I heard Raps say.

"Come in." She said this with the biggest smile possible.

Slowly the door opened. We saw a boy open it, he had fair skin, teal eyes, freckles, black hair and a very unnatural blue hair stripe in his bangs. He looked kind of suspicious, I couldn't tell if he was nervous or shy. Or if he was planning to do something, I gave him a strong glare. He shivered slightly when we made eye contact. Then he said:

"Hi I-I will be you-your steward on this voyage."

Then I changed my glare, he worked here and he was here to assist us. As if we needed any "assistance"

"It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Rapunzel. Raps said, offering her hand. He shook it and said:

"My name is Varian. Nice to meet you." Raps gave me a glance;

"Cassandra." I said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Cassandra." Varian said with a small courtesy. "Would you like me to call you something? I don't know Cass, Cassie?"

"Cass, please."

"Okay, Cass."