ch-1 no purpose

She breathes a silent sigh, still all too loud for the deathly quiet place. It hasn't been loud since those things came. Well, it has been, but distorted screams don't count, at least not in her opinion. She walks as carefully and quietly as possible to the side of the house, being sure not to stay out in the open. She approaches the doghouse, her bag slung over her shoulder filled with the supplies needed for the list. 'When was the last time I saw the dog? It doesn't matter. I don't even remember what it looks like.' She kneels down and crawls over to the bowl but freezes halfway. Two beady eyes stare at her and multiply quickly. She stays completely still, her body screaming for her to run. But she knows better, 'just stay still, it doesn't see what doesn't move' she tries to reassure herself mentally. It stares for a beat longer before the eyes disappear. She gulps, a lump in her throat. And quickly but silently pulls out the food. 'The bowl is overflowing. When was the last time the dog even ate from the bowl? Just complete the list.' She filled the bowl, cringing at the sound. She scrambles up and away from the doghouse, hiding behind the trees and  heading back to the front yard to care for the plants.
She picks up the watering can, anxiety spiking at the sound of the sloshing water in it. Before carefully watering the plants, taking extra care of a specific one, for a reason, she didn't know. 'Why am I doing this? Keep watering.' Her pupils dilate as she slowly drops the can and hides in the bushes. A blob slightly resembling a thing on all fours comes up to the yard. It would be an insult to a beast if she called it one. She trembled slightly in the bushes, terror spiking as it approached closer and closer to her hiding place. It sniffs and stills, and her blood freezes. Before it walks away, black liquid drips from its maw. Her heart starts beating again as she waits in the bushes for a moment before coming out and finishing watering the plants with more haste. She had already finished the indoor chores before she had left the house, so there was no point in going back inside. 'Sometimes I wish there was. That would be less efficient.' She realizes what the next things she was to do are, and her body fills with dread, as per routine. 'Did I use to like doing this part in the past? Hurry up, and let's get this done already.' She gulps and steps towards the woods...
______________________
End of ch-1
Hello to everyone except the person I told not to read this (they know who they are)
Give constructive criticism if you have any since I'm open to it
Tell me if there are any mistakes
Probably no one is going to read this (no, you don't count, you know who you are)
Have a good day, and thanks for reading