ch-4 spiders and charms

She awoke with a start. Suddenly, she was very aware of the stone beneath her and the pounding ache from her back from sleeping on it. 'Shit' as well as the pain in her head and abdomen from the events a few hours earlier. She sat up despite her body's protest with a groan, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 'That was a terrible idea. Something could've easily killed me while I was asleep. And I know for sure by the pitch blackness that it's night, and I've never even been out this late. Well, I was never stupid enough to be out this late.' She rubbed her temples and forced her body up. Picking up her bag and rummaging through it to find the cleaning supplies and slowly convincing herself to finish cleaning it. Once she was done, she kneeled down and prayed to it for a few minutes. "Sorry it's shorter than usual, but I'm in a bit of a predicament at the moment." She whispered to the statue as she got up.  She huffed an annoyed sigh as she knew she still had one last thing to do on the list, and it was the most tedious and dangerous thing. 'Not to mention I'm falling apart and it's nighttime. Maybe I should just. No, this is the last thing you have of them, finish the tasks no matter the danger.' She glared at the gates for a moment before opening them, pulling out a wooden mask and a few charms from her bag. She put on the mask and shoved some of the charms in her pocket. 'Let's get this over with.' She sprinted out of the safer confines of the gates. She ran around , occasionally hanging the charms up around the woods and avoiding monsters as best she could. Until her entire body suddenly froze. She toppled to the ground. 'Shit. Shit. Shit.' She panicked as her body refused to move, completely locked up. The only thing movable being her eyes. Then, she spotted it. A huge spider looking thing, covered in black blood and venom. She tried to move with more panic. terror in her eyes as it approached, its long legs digging into the dirt. She tried to wriggle and squirm, but it was no use. The beast picked her up and climbed up the tall tree with her in its jaws. All she could do was try not to cry and move her gaze around frantically as it climbed onto a large branch and placed her in its web, wrapping her with its silk until her arms and legs were secured. She closed her eyes and prayed to everything that it wasn't going to eat her immediately so she could figure something out. Its jaws moved closer and closer into her face as tears finally came. And it moved away, crawling down the tree backward and going to search for something else to eat as well. She slowly opened her eyes, realizing it was gone and quickly scrambling to come up with something. 'Okay, so my body is slowly coming back into my control, but I'm tied up. Maybe I could try to cut myself out? Bite at the silk? Ugh dammit! What am I gonna do?' She kept brainstorming till she had control of her limbs again, quickly trying to cut herself out but being unsuccessful. She tried to bite at it, but that failed as well. She wriggled and squirmed, thrashing around in her confines. Her body moved slightly, facing her closer to the web itself as her back was against it. She suddenly got an idea, and started to thrash around more. Twisting herself slowly over to the main web. She kept twisting and thrashing, getting closer and closer to it. Until she was close enough to bite at it. She suddenly froze as she heard the loud footsteps of the spider climbing back up, she didn't bother to look at she started to bite at the web frantically. It tasted foul but slowly broke apart, until she fell from the web, the restraits breaking on contact with the branch. She quickly stood up and brushed off some of the silken web before sprinting to the main tree and climbing down slowly. The tree was extremely tall, so one wrong move and it could be the end. Then, 'shit' the spider was right in front of her, it screeched in anger and charged up the tree. She pulled out another something from her bag as quick as possible and drank it. Then waited a moment 'now!' Before falling directly on the spiders back, digging her knife into its back to stay on. It screamed in protest and thrashed around, trying to buck her off as she desperately held on for dear life. It clearly wasn't very smart as it was no longer paying attention to its surroundings and started to fall out of the tree. It screeched as she yelled when they fell, she quickly scrambled to where it won't land on her when they do hit the ground and pray that will be enough to keep her alive. They hit the ground with a ground shaking thud, the spider dead on impact. She panted for a moment coughing due to the dirt that flew up into the air. The ground had a clear indent from the spider as she hopped off, the most damaged thing being her face as it slammed into the spider when they hit the ground. She rested her hands on her knees for a moment, before continuing on. 'There is no time for a suitable break, I have to get this done.' She broke off into a run and continued placing charms as if nothing happened. Avoiding monsters and throwing charms into the trees till she was finished. Once she realized she immediately sprinted with more eagerness back to the deserted village she once called home. And immediately ran inside her house, taking off her mask and flopping directly into bed. Too exhausted to even take her shoes off.
....
_____________________________
End of ch-4
This one feels more rushed
I apologize
Hope you enjoyed
Criticism is obviously welcome as if I don't say it enough
Have a good day or night as usual thanks for reading whoever the hell thinks this is good enough to finish
Thanks again for making it to the end of the chapter