𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Chipotle Mexican Grill18th January6:00 pmAtlanta, Georgia

18th January
6:00 pm
Atlanta, Georgia

"Kayla, can I talk to you?" Ashley, the annoying manager asks. "Yeah whatever" Kayla responds and walks to the office. They sit down and Kayla doesn't break eye contact.

"Unfortunately, we're gonna have to let you go. You've been late a few times and we've had complaints from customers about your service"

Kayla drowns out the rest of the sentence after hearing 'let you go'. Without saying anything she just gets up and walks out

Kayla was tired at this point. She had gone through so much at this job trying to be the best but her manager never saw the good in her and always looked for a reason to fire her. She was unbothered and didn't want to talk anymore.

Kayla gets in her car and puts her head on the wheel.

Her business was going well but she needed this job to be able to invest into her business while also paying bills. Now she had to find another job to be able to balance her life.

She starts the drive back home, expecting to be completely alone when she gets there. The drive only takes 7 minutes as she doesn't live far from this place, that was another reason why the job was perfect.

As she pulls up she sees Jarelle's car and she rolls her eyes. She loves him but she would now have to explain why she's home early.

He knows how much the manager picks on her and she knows he would be pissed and probably confront the manager himself.

She hops out of her car, making as little noise as possible when shutting the door in hopes he's napping.

She goes inside and is face-to-face with him. "Oh heyyyy" she exaggerates, being as nice as possible. "Hey Mama... what you doing home?" he asks and she sighs. "The bitch fired me"

"What I say about letting her bully you Kayla? Imma get my lil sister to beat her ass on my soul".

"Stop Relle, can we just go lay down?" Kayla pleads and he nods. She kicks off her shoes and makes her way up the stairs. She takes off her work clothes, leaving her in just her underwear and lays on the bed. Relle comes over and sits on the edge of the bed, counting stacks of money.

"Kayla I told you to stop working I got enough money and you do too you got your business" Jarelle says and Kayla sighs. "The business is up and down and I like to have my own money baby" she says, sitting up and leaning her head on his shoulder.

He finishes counting the money and turns around, pulling her to his lap. She smiles and wraps her arms around him. "Imma have to get a job at my uncle's BBQ joint now..."

"Shhh" he whispers as he kisses her neck. "Lord knows my uncle will pay me good". He leaves hickeys down her neck as he slides his hands up her back. "Your horny ass needa chill"

"You hungry baby?" he asks and she shrugs. "I just need a hot bath, a foot massage and some head then we're good" she says and they laugh.

She strips off her underwear and goes into the bathroom. She gets in the shower and turns on the water, allowing it to beat on her chest. She turns the temperature up and exhales, deeply.

She gets an amazing shower thought and quickly finishes her shower. She gets out and grabs a towel then goes into the room. "I just remembered, you get paid more at my uncle's place if you do deliveries also. Imma call him now"

She grabs her phone and dials her uncle's number which she doesn't have saved but remembers the digits. "Hello?" he answers.

"Uncle Wayne... I need a job" she says. "Be there tomorrow at 10 in the morning okay? Don't be late." he hangs up and Kayla laughs at how easy it was.

Kayla throws on one of Jarelle's T-shirts and goes out to her balcony. Kayla and Jarelle live in a 4 bedroom home which was located near many huge mansions. She always wondered who lived in the mansions but never cared enough to go look.

She watched only Netflix and never engaged in TikTok or YouTube.

Kayla feels arms wrap around her and she holds onto Jarelle's hands tightly, embracing his hug. This was Kayla's perfect life. Exactly how she wanted it to be.

But alas, all good things must come to an end....