003

23rd January
10:00 am
Wayne BBQ & Grill

Kayla walks into work with her bag over her shoulder. She goes to the back of the store and takes off her bag and her jacket, putting it into her locker.

"Kayla" she hears her Uncle's voice from behind her, making her sigh deeply and turn around slowly.

"Don't get an attitude with me, Kayla. We got a new girl coming in I need you to show her the ropes, Two deliveries and then you can go cause wrclosing for an event" he explains and she nods in compliance.

"Okay... anything else?" she asks, feeling better that she's got less of a work load.

He laughs sarcastically and leaves the room, leaving her completely confused.

She goes to the kitchen of the store while tying up her hair and she washes her hands in the kitchen sink.

After towel drying her hands she goes to the front and sits on the stool, waiting for customers.

2 hours later

A girl approaches Kayla and waves. "Heyy. I'm Benet im the new girl" she says, reaching her hand out for Kayla to shake.

Kayla shakes her hand, smiling in a welcoming manner. "I'm Kayla, come around".

Benet comes around the counter and Kayla shows her where to leave her bags. "How old are you?" Kayla asks, waiting for her to put her things away.

"I'm 17" Benet responds and Kayla's jaw drops, making Benet burst out laughing.

"No fucking way. That's crazy" Kayla responds, still shocked.

She shows Benet the ropes of the whole store before bringing her back to the front to serve a customer as a test.

She sees Fanum coming through the door and she shakes her head, surprised how much he eats at the BBQ.

He comes over to the counter. "Wassup Kayla" he says, smiling.

"Oh my god you're Fanum. You know each other!?" Benet asks, losing full composure.

"N— "Yes" Fanum cuts Kayla off and Kayla rolls her eyes.

"I'm tryna get to know her but she got a man so she apparently can't have friends" he jokes and looks up at the menu.

Kayla smirks and shakes her head. "It's ight ma I'll accept defeat. This still my favourite place to eat at" he says, smirking.

"We eating in today so Imma just wait for the boys" Fanum says and sits at a table.

"Can you leave your man for him please?" Benet asks and Kayla laughs, putting her hand on her forehead.

"Girl he just playing. Me and my man live together" Kayla says, putting an apron around her waist and grabbing a notepad and a pen.

"Imma take their order" she says as Duke, a short black guy and Chris walk in.

"When you turn 18?" Kayla asks, looking at Benet who she is still surprised is only 17