Safe to Question

The road was most definitely bumpy as the army truck made its way through Russian territories. It eventually passed the lines and made way to the base. After hours, Y/n had just stayed put and tried to sleep. Eventually, she did manage to.

Oh what a dream she had.

She was only woken up when the army truck came to a halt. Soldiers fled out of the truck and scurried out. König still sat as he watched his men get out. His head turned and he looked at the girl who had fallen asleep. 

Y/n looked peaceful in his eyes, so it was hard for him when he decided to wake her. She did look like she hadn't gotten much sleep... for a long time.

König gently nudged her in the side with his arm, making her fidget and then finally open her eyes. A small yawn escaped her lips as she regained her surroundings, remembering where she is. He waited for her as he himself got up and stood crouched outside the doors once he got out. 

She looked at him and he looked at her. "Come on." He ordered her. Y/n got to her frail feet and slowly made her way out of the truck, landing below onto the dirt ground. It wasn't as cold here, but it wasn't hot either. Her bare struck the dirt below and he looked at her. "Do you see that building?" He asked while raising a hand to point towards it. It was a regular gray concrete building for the base. 

She nervously met his gaze and nodded. With the confirmation, König put his hand back down. "Good. We're going to go there and ask you some questions. Come." He began to stride to the building, making sure she also followed. 

Y/n trotted along behind him a bit as she looked around the base frantically. Other soldiers paced around or did tasks as some looked her way. It wasn't often that they see a prisoner brought back. 

She made sure to not fall behind as they entered the building. König held the door for her and let her walk in before he did the same. Y/n glanced through the halls, her mind going a mile a minute. 

He walked in front again and started down the halls. She followed in suit, making sure not to lose him if a group walked past them.

After a few turns through the building, König stopped at a door and walked in. She opened the door and came in too, waiting at the door side. The colonel walked to a female soldier and tapped her on the shoulder to gain her attention. 

The woman pulled off her headphones and set them on the table, along with the pen. It seemed she was taking notes and keeping track of something. "Yes sir?" She asked after she turned around in the chair. König glanced back at Y/n for a second, then back at the soldier. She seemed to take notice of the person by the door and her eyes widened a bit.

"I need you to interrogate her. We picked her up back in Russia." He said while motioning to Y/n, who stood there like a nervous scarecrow. The lady nodded and watched König nod and leave the room. She took a breathe and stood up, walking over to Y/n. 

"Hello ma'am. I am specialist Anna Drew. Please follow me over to a seat." She guided Y/n to the counter she sat at and pulled a chair out for her to sit. "Please, sit." She said, motioning to the chair. Y/n did just that and sat on the chair. Anna Drew turned her chair to face Y/n's  as she pulled a notebook out of a drawer. 

The pen she recently set down was once more picked up. She held the notebook in one hand and the pen in the other. "So, what is your name?" She asked, ready to take notes as soon as Y/n spoke.

"Y/n L/n." She croaked through a dry throat. Drew noticed this and poured her a cup of water from the counter. "Here you go ma'am." She handed it over. Y/n didn't take a single moment more and swallowed the water. It had been a while since she got fresh, clean water.

Anna Drew regained herself and held the notebook and pen at ready. "Alright. How old are you?" she questioned, eyes glued to Y/n, awaiting an answer.

"I am 24." She answered the soldier. Anna Drew nodded in return and asked the next question. "How long have you been imprisoned in Russia?" The soldier woman wrote down some things and looked up at Y/n once she finished. "12 years." Anna nodded and replied in turn. "So since you were 12, correct ma'am?" Y/n nodded towards her as she watched her take more notes.

For around an hour, Y/n was interrogated and asked questions involving her, knowledge on the base she was imprisoned at, and other such things. Anna Drew finally set her note filled notepad and pen down on the counter, right beside her headphones.

"Thank you for your cooperation ma'am." Anna said to Y/n. She took a breath and stood up from her chair, grabbing the notes again. "I'll be right back. Please stay put." Drew made her way swiftly to the door with the notes in hand and left. Y/n was left in the room. She looked around and saw some radio equipment sets connected to the headphones. Other small things were set around the counter.

After a good amount of time, Anna Drew stepped back into the room, standing by the door. "Miss L/n, please follow me." Y/n did as she asked and got off the chair, going over to her. The 2 made their way into the halls and walked. Anna kept quiet and guided Y/n around the large building, eventually making it to a section of the building with many more soldiers. 

There was a cafeteria where many gathered and ate together. There were a few barracks set around full of people. Anna walked past many of the people and came to a much more reserved place, a good amount away from the main section of soldiers. 

It was quiet there and the halls seemed calm. She stopped at a door and entered the room with Y/n behind her. When they entered, it looked like a simple quarters. There was a bunk bed with a girl on the top bunk and other things a person would need.

"Miss L/n, please meet Miss Mills." The lady on the top bunk turned around on the bed and glanced at the 2. "Hello. I am.. Y/n." spoke Y/n to Miss Mills. In turn, Miss Mills returned the kidney greeting. "Hello. I'm Eleanor." She smiled shyly and watched Anna Drew inform Y/n.

"Miss Mills was also imprisoned for a long time. This hallway is designated to former prisoners so that they can regain their strength. If you have a family once you are better, you will be brought to them. You will be staying with Miss Mills, so please be kind and get along." 

Anna finished informing Y/n and made sure she understood the curfew and when things would happen throughout the day. "I understand." responded Y/n. Anna Drew nodded and left her with Miss Mills.

Y/n turned around to face the woman who had been watching her. "Um... it's nice to meet you.. Eleanor." She said to the other. Eleanor smiled softly again and spoke in a soft voice.

"..It is nice to meet you too, Y/n.."