🔥~Chapter one~🔥

1st person POV

Ever since I was a child, I was taught to mind my manners, respect men, close my mouth and legs, and most importantly to follow the lord.

 Non of these things ever truly bothered me, I mean I grew up on these rules, I knew nothing different. I never truly believed someone would even dare do something different, hell, I didn't even know you really could, until one day, at my ripe age of seven, I was proven wrong...

 My eyes shot open at the loud blaring sound of the village bell ringing , and the furious shouting of a village man late at night. My mother and father both rushed me out of the house to see what was happening, and to my surprise my best friend Lillie was tied up to a large wooden pole.

"mother, father, may I ask what is going on?", I spoke softly, my voice laced with excitement and curiosity. 

"G-go inside, y/n..", my mother spoke her widened eyes not leaving the struggling girl on the stake. Suddenly the man that had originally rang the bell and called everyone to the central area of the village snapped his head towards us.

"No...all must witness the evil being burnt out of this un-pure soul, for this girl who was once seen as a innocent towns girl, is a witch!", his  voice was one of pure anger and disbelief. I guess I truly hadn't prosed what he meant by, 'evil being burnt out of her', I mean it was Lillie she's the smartest girl I know, and she's sure smart enough to follow the rules. This had to be a misunderstanding... I watched intently waiting for something, anything, to happen.

 My eyes glittered with anticipation as a few men poured some kind of liquid all over her and the pole, I had a big toothy grin on my face. 

For me, this was just a new game, new entertainment, I felt nothing but pure joy in that moment...That is intel they lit a flame.

I thought surely this had to do with the new game, there's no way...no way....I finally started putting two and two together, that's when I began to panic.

"NO, NO YOU CANT DO THIS!" I screaked breaking free from my mothers grasp before being stopped by a much larger man. I did my best to shove past him but it was no use. The man threw the match onto her, as I watched in terror.

 The new smell of burning flesh and hair was of one that I wish I could forget. Poor Lillie, her agonizing screams filled the dense air around us. My face that was once happy and joyful was now one of pure disbelief. I felt a cool tear run down my hot face, as my mother squeezed my hand with her own.

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENDS WHEN YOU TURN TO THE DEVIL FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL NEEDS, THIS GIRL ASKED HIM FOR KNOWLAGE HER SOUL IS NOW DAMMED, SHE WILL BURN LIKE HIM FOR WHAT SHE HAS DONE. MAY THIS GIRL BE A WANING TO ALL OF YOU!",

"HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE WAS A WITCH, SHES WAS JUST SMART, AND YOU KILL HER FOR IT?!" i protested angrily.

"oh sweet, sweet, stupid girl, a woman will never be as smart as a man, the only smarts your kind should have is clean, cook, and obey...now go back to your home..." he hissed out, narrowing his eyes at me.

Then and only then did they put out the flame that surrounded her lifeless body, but from then on a even larger flame would burn inside of me... 

word count-606