Chapter 64: Spellbound 2

In Ninjago Misako and Wu are trying to contact Dareth and Nya "Nya, come in? Dareth? Can anyone read me?"

Wu walks up to her holding a tray with two cups of tea "Still no word?"

"Nothing. We've lost all communication." Misako responds How can you be so calm? My husband and son are out there all alone."

"As are my brother and pupils, but we must not let fear cloud our thinking. Sensei Garmadon is there to guide them through this. I have to believe so." Wu said.

-

The Anacondrai Cultists plan on how to find Zane and Cole.

"Still no sign of Cole and that metal man?" A Cultist asked

"They still haven't escaped the island. We'll find them." Zugu said "Search the labyrinth and lock this place down."

They leave.

Karlof waited till they left and says "All clear" Cole and Zane emerge from a barrel.

"Okay, back to our plan to all of us getting out of here." Cole said, Zane projects a network of sewers.

"Now, if we all tried to tackle the labyrinth, some of us would be sure to get lost, so that's not an option. But Zane here, he analyzed the sewer network." Cole explained

"Sewer network? Isn't that stinky?" Karlof questions

"Hey, I'd blast my way out of here if I could, but all of our powers are gone." Cole remarks, dully

"The sewer network is old and can only sustain so much weight. But after adding up all of our combined masses, the pipes will hold by the slimmest of margins." Zane says

"Did anyone else understand that?" Karlof asked and look at the workers, who shook their heads.

"He means it'll work." Cole spelled out

All of them cheered "It'll work!"

Dareth is thrown into the factory.

"Get to work." the cultist growls before leaving

Dareth stood up and dusted himself "Don't worry, boys. The Brown Ninja's here." He remarks. "But before I rescue you, can anyone show me how to make a puffy potsticker? Cole, you're here. And Zane. Is that you? Boy, have you changed."

Karlof looked at Dareth up and down "When metal friend say slimmest of margins, how slim?"

Cole groans "Ugh, it won't work. Back to the drawing board."

Zane sighs.

-

Meanwhile Anna, Lloyd and Garmadon are still looking for Nya.

"You said before that Master Chen was your Sensei," Lloyd says "but nothing else."

Garmadon sighed "There are things from my past that I am not proud of. Perhaps it's time for you to know the truth. After the Devourer bit me when I was a child, it took years for all of the evil to fully consume me."

-

Garmadon and Clouse are dueling each other.

The Past Chen walks up to them "Good Garmadon. Good Clouse. But you're both holding back. Might I add he who wins this fight shall become my right hand and be granted lordship?"

The Past Clouse grins then uses Dark Magic on some training equipment, but Garmadon counters with Spinjitzu.

"He cheated, Master. You told us Spinjitzu was forbidden." Clouse whined