Chapter Fourteen

A/N: The boy Lashay lost her virginity to name is Quincy ! I had to edit it in the last part for the ones that already read it. (Just making it clear so y'all aren't confused when his name comes up again)

Autumn

A CPS worker is now at the school.

I've already shown her my bruises and the pictures on my phone from when they were fresh.

"After reviewing all of the information and evidence, I'm going to invoke an emergency custody order placing Autumn in custody of the state" Mrs Reigns the CPS worker says.

"You can't be serious" My mom scoffs.

She had been sitting here denying everything but the evidence is clearly stacked against her.

"Very" Mrs Reigns adjusts her glasses while writing something down on to a piece of paper.

My mom looks at me teary eyed. "I love you Autumn & I always will"

I swallow a lump in my throat to stop myself from crying.

I watch as my mom stands up, grabbing her black leather purse and putting it on to her shoulder.

"Ma'am" Mrs Reigns looks at my mom in confusion..

"Yes?" My mom questions.

"Where are you going?" Mrs.Reigns raises an eyebrow.

"Home" My mom replies in a duh tone.

Mrs.Reigns shakes her head "An officer is on the way. You're being placed under arrest for child abuse causing great bodily harm"

I gasp.

————————-

I stare as my mom is handcuffed and walked out of the school by an officer.

I honestly didn't expect for them to arrest her, I just wanted to be taken away..

"Autumn" Mrs.Reigns speaks to me.

I look at her teary eyed.

"You're going to be placed with a foster family near by.. Officer Oliver is going to take you" Mrs.Reigns tells me, pointing at the officer.

I nod, taking a deep breath before standing up.

I follow the second officer out of the front office..

"Autumn!" Lashay yells as officer Oliver and I pass through the hallway.

I look back and she's running up to me at full speed.

"What happened?" Lashay furrows her eyebrows "Where is he taking you?"

"I called CPS on my mom, now I'm going to a foster home" I tell her.

She looks at me in shock "No"

We make it to the exit.

Officer Oliver stops walking, allowing Lashay and I to finish our conversation.

"I'll be okay, text my phone" I tell her.

"I love you" Lashay hugs me tightly.

"I love you too" I reply.

She releases me from the hug and I leave the school with Officer Oliver.

Officer Oliver opens the police car door for me.

I get inside and he shuts the door, getting into the drivers seat.

I start to break down as reality sets in..

"You okay?" Officer Oliver looks back at me through the barrier.

I shake my head "My mom just got arrested because of me"

"Your mom just got arrested because of her" He corrects me.

"She deserves to be exactly where she is right now. I read the report and seriously, all that over a book? Come on" He shakes his head, pulling out of the school parking lot.

I wipe my tears.

He's right. I love my mom and I feel bad about her being arrested but she did go completely overboard with the way she beat me.

"If it makes you feel any better, you're going to a pretty good foster home. There's other kids there your age" Officer Oliver tells me.

———————

"We're here" Officer Oliver speaks in an optimistic manner.

I look out of the window as we pull up to a dirty white trailer with brown stairs leading to the front door..

Officer Oliver opens my door and I get out of the police car.

I throw my Michael Kors bookbag over my shoulder, following him to the front door.

He knocks on the front door and a few seconds later a big fat white lady opens it.

"This must be Autumn" The lady smiles showing her missing side tooth.

"Yes it is" Officer Oliver tells her "Take good care of this one"

She nods "I will"

Officer Oliver faces me "You're going to be okay" He assures me.

I nod "Thank you"

"You're welcome" He gives me a small smile before walking down the stairs and toward his police vehicle.

He turns around looking at me one more time before getting into his police car and driving off..

"Come on in, I'm Lidia" The foster mom tells me.

I walk into the house.

It's clean but has the smell of wet dogs lingering in the air.

Two furry dogs run up to me and I immediately jump back.

"Oh they're harmless" Ms Lidia chuckles, petting the dogs.

"Let me show you to your room" She smiles.

I follow her into the back of the trailer and we turn into a room on the left hand side.

Walking into the room I immediately notice two sets of twin sized bunk beds, four beds in total.

"The two top bunks are taken but you can have either one of the bottom ones" Ms Lidia tells me.

"I'll take this one" I point, taking a seat.

"Cool" She replies "The girls are at school right now but they'll be really excited to meet you when they get home"

I nod.

"I'll give you some time to process everything, call me if you need me" She walks out of the room.

I lay down on the small bed coming to terms with what's going on.

———————-
▪️Thanks for reading XOXO 🖤