Chapter Sixteen

The next morning...

Autumn

I just finished getting dressed for the day now I'm sitting in bed rubbing my index finger down the edge of my hoodoo book..

This thing has gotten me into a lot of turmoil..

I mean wouldn't it be smart of me to just burn it or throw it away?

Nah, I'm in too deep now.

Shaking those thoughts from my head, I open the book to the third page since I've already read the first two.

"With your new found power comes new found enemies, spiritual enemies in the physical realm. They attack through the people you call family and friends, the ones you love the most. During this stage its important not to look at anyone as mom, dad, brother, sister, cousin, auntie, uncle etc. instead look at them spirit for spirit. See people for who they truly are past the labels.. The ones who are genuine will be obvious as will the ones who aren't.."

"Here's a list of spells to protect yourself against spiritual/physical attacks"

"Spells?" I chuckle.

Reading the spells, I notice that most of the ingredients are herbs and candles..

My eyes widen since I expected to see some hocus pocus magic words.

"Before every spell make sure to do an egg cleanse and rid yourself of bad energy"

I read the end of the page before closing the book.

A knock at my door startles me and I immediately hide the book getting PTSD from how my mom beat me.

"Come in" I sit awkwardly on the bed.

The door opens and Fats walks in.

I examine his outfit..

He's wearing blue and white Lavin leather curb sneakers with soft grey jaw string shorts and a blue Moncler shirt.

"I like your outfit" I compliment Fats.

He rubs his curly high top fade "Thank you"

"You need anything while I'm out?" He questions, adjusting his diamond chain.

I think about some of the ingredients from the hoodoo book.

"Can you get me some candles?"

He nods "Yeah, what kind?"

"A bunch of different colors. The brand doesn't matter" I answer.

"Okay"

Fats

I leave the house, getting into my black BMW x6.

I connect my phone to the infotainment system before pulling out of my driveway and on to the main road.

My phone begins to ring and the caller ID lets me know that it's Dri.

She a lil hoe that I fuck with from time to time.

I let the phone ring for a bit before answering..

"Hello?" Her voice comes through every speaker in my car.

"What's up?" I ask.

"You still coming over?" She asks in a seductive tone.

"I'm on my way right now" I look to my left as I switch lanes.

"Okay, see you soon daddy"

"See you soon" I end the call.

After about thirty minutes I pull up to her apartment.