𝖯𝖺𝗂𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌

Kamari was confused to say the least, she thought this was supposed to be history class, which yes. It was. So why was the book that she and the other students handed out, full of only Mystic Falls. She looked around the classroom trying to see if anyone else was in the same dilemma as she was, to her surprise no one was. Not even the other new student, Stefan. She looked back at Tyler and Matt with a questioning gaze and asked them in a quiet, but still audible just to them volume, besides obviously Stefan who had better hearing, because of his little bat problem.

Yes, bat problem. That's what Kamari decided to call it.

"Why are we just learning about the town's history?" She asked Tyler and Matt, with a little head tilt to the side to clearly look at both of them. Both of the males were confused at her for asking this, they never really questioned it to be honest as most of the people that were born here mostly never left the town. Of course there have been people that have, but most of the people liked to stick to where they were and they were fine with it.

"Well goldilocks, we aren't so sure ourselves." Tyler had answered and Matt nodded in agreement, before speaking himself. "I guess all of us just forget, forget there is a whole wide world out there, that we haven't been to see or explore and I think most of us don't believe we will ever leave this town." Tyler nodded at Matt's words and Kamari in turn hummed to that, still with a confused expression on her face.

"The teacher's have to realise that not learning the world history, means missing out on understanding how our world became what it is today." Kamari pouted, thinking it is truly sad that the town only focuses on things that have happened here, rather than all around the world, after all how can a teacher, someone who has to prepare another human being for the future, actually help.

Tyler and Matt did agree with Kamari's point, but the two males never thought about it all that much, mostly because they were part of the football team and did not concern themselves with anything else, but that. Sure it may be a bad way of thinking, but learning something that they will never think to use seemed useless to them. The fact also seemed to show, that the town's people itself basically, had thought of only it's history being the most important thing that has happened in the world.

"That honestly, is really disappointing." Kamari had mumbled out, which the two had caught besides Stefan.

Stefan had turned around to look at Kamari, which hasn't been the first time during the lesson as Stefan found his gaze drawn towards Kamari, captivated by her presence alone during the dull lesson, which he knew all the history about. He had to agree with her words, he has been exploring around the world in all the years he's been alive and was able to learn of the horrors and some great things that were able to happen and to be able to spread the knowledge was a good thing, because if you can learn from the past, then the future wouldn't be so scarce to live in.

Sure to be a kid and be protected from all the bad is nice and easy, but those that have an easy life is that truly the way of living? Is it truly achieving something? Then when you haven't been prepared and suddenly get thrust into something you weren't ready for at all, wouldn't that make you hate everything, the world, the people in it? It would be full of chaos and bad people at every corner, because in the journey of life, our greatest lessons often emerge from the depths of our challenges, shaping us into the resilient beings we are meant to become.

The class went by slowly for Kamari, she still could not get it through her brain that a town would be so infatuated with itself to ignore any other historic events. Sure it was fun to learn some things about the town, but she could go and do that in a museum or a library book, which she could also about the worlds history, but don't teachers teach in a classroom so everyone has a say of their own opinions on the topic? To say that she was happy to leave the classroom without being on the bad end of the stick with Mr. Tanner, unlike some others.