Prologue

The Citadel, a space station where any sentient race that acquired space travel could gather up with the other species and live quietly with one another in peace. It was also home to the council races of Turian, Asari, and Salarians. These three races of alien life were the most advanced and reasonably of the other species that lived on the citadel and made the heavy decisions for they were representatives of they're people.

The asari were the first race to discover the Citadel in 580 BCE, soon after learning to use the mass relays. They were joined shortly by the salarians, and soon after, the volus. As other races were contacted by the asari, or discovered the station independently, they gained embassies on the Citadel and came under the jurisdiction of the growing Council, eventually comprising the asari, the salarians, and the turians.

Strategically located at the junction of a number of mass relays leading to various parts of the galaxy, the Citadel quickly became a hub of activity. The station was chosen to house the Citadel Council, thereby cementing its importance in the galactic community. It is accepted to be the political and cultural heart of Citadel space, the unofficial name given to all systems that fall under the Citadel species' control.

Even after thousands of years of occupation, the Citadel retains many secrets. The precise age of the station is not known, nor what resilient material it is constructed from. The location of the Citadel's core and its master control unit, regulating systems such as life support and navigation, remain hidden. The most visible, and perhaps intriguing, mystery of the Citadel concerns its caretakers, the keepers. These mute alien creatures maintain the Citadel's vital systems, and can be seen working throughout the station, yet, despite this, little is known about them.

The citadel was an amazing and beautiful place to live. It had everything! An upper city near the council, a middle city, apartments, schools, houses, restaurants, and even a few swimming pools and gyms. There was also a few bars that welcomed everyone!

"WOAH!"

*CRASH*

Well........mostly everyone.

A young man garbed in leather armor and a grey cloak groaned as he laid outside the bar, broken glass laying everywhere as he held his stomach. On the other side of this particular bar was none other than a Salarian, glaring down at the human he just threw out the window. The Salarian growled as he grabbed a bottle of liquor and threw it at the human, who's lucky his helmet was on as the glass shattered on impact. The human slowly stood up, shaking his head with a sigh before looking down at the liquor that stained his clothes.

"DON'T YOU EVER COMEBACK HERE GRAYSON, YOU HEAR ME?!" The Salarian yelled at the top of his lungs as two other Salarians glared down at him in disapproval and scorn. The leader of the group continued his rant as he pointed his pointer finger at the human. "IF I SEE YOU HERE AGAIN I'LL HAVE YOU SKINNED ALIVE AND MAKE YOU WATCH AS VAREN EAT YOUR SKIN!!!!"

Grayson fell back down as another bottle hit his head, shattering as purple liquid rolled down his visor. The human stared at the ceiling of the massive hallway he was in, to lazy to stand up. He heard small footsteps approaching from behind before he saw an Asari standing right beside him wearing the normal scientific attire, staring up at the broken window. Her skin was a shade of light blue, an indication she was a young Asari.

"Hmm......." Grayson groaned before looking at the Asari beside him. He rolled his eyes behind his visor before she looked down at him with those sapphire eyes of hers. "Hi Liara....."