Chapter One: The Corner

Butters walked into the school, ticket in one hand, phone in the other. As he approached the sign-in desks, he put down his ticket and fiddled with his phone case. "Butters Stotch?" Asked the faculty member, who he didn't recognize. "That's me!" The person handed back his ticket. "Have fun." Butters nodded a "thank you" and walked off, putting the ticket in his phone case. He checked his phone; 4:30 P.M. He looked around. "Charlotte said she'd be here by now.." He mumbled, as he walked to their meeting spot; a corner in the gymnasium, which they had temporarily changed into a dance room for the night. Nobody else was there, so he decided to wait for a few minutes.

*Ring!* One new notification from: Charlie 💕 - 4:31 P.M.
"Hey Butters. I'm not going to attend the dance with you tonight."

He stared down at the screen. Did she really just ditch me? He asked himself, tears filling his eyes. Butters went all the way to the corner, where he leaned against the two connected walls and slid down. He sighed, holding his knees to his chest, his gaze cast down. He pulled out his phone to text his parents and ask them to take him home, but he had 2%, and decided to use it to ask why instead. He typed in his passcode and pulled up iMessage.

Butters - 4:33 P.M.
"You're not? Why?"

Charlie 💕 - 4:34 P.M.
"I can't be seen with you there. The other girls will mock me! I hope you can understand, but, now I know how many people dislike you, I can't bring myself to be with you anymore."

Butters - 4:34 P.M.
"oh. well, that's ok, does this mean were over?"

Charlie 💕 - 4:35 P.M.
"Yes. Goodbye, Butters. I'm sorry."

Butters stared down at the screen. He started typing a response, but before he could even finish, his phone died in his hand. He tilted his head upward and tried to blink back the tears, but they kept coming, and he felt hopeless. He gave up soon after and buried his head in his arms, sobbing quietly, silent pain. That was, until a familiar voice—a muffled yet gentle one—sounded in front of him. "Uhh, Butters? That you? What's wrong?"

He looked up, and through tear-soaked eyes, he saw Kenny in a nice tuxedo. Of course, he still had the hood on. Butters sniffled and stood, his knees shaking. "Ken..?" Kenny nodded and stepped closer. "Dude.. you're a wreck, what happened?" Butters paused for a second before swiftly moving forward and hugging Kenny, clinging to him as tears fell from his eyes. "Charlotte.. she-" He paused, sobbing. "She what? Did she ditch you?" Kenny asked, hugging Butters back and rubbing his back while running his fingers through Butters' hair. "Yeah.. and she dumped me, too." Butters looked down, and sighed, backing away from Kenny. His eyes were red and puffy. "Ken...? I'm sorry."

A/N: I'M SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTERRRR I had to end it there because.. cliffhanger >:D

"Brainstorming ideas for your fanfiction won't finish it" 😨 ruh roh raggy!! (all I do is think of this, I barely ever write it)