31-35

Chapter 31 031 She is so smart.

In two days it will be Xie Yunjin's turn to cook. Because she was thinking about going out, she planned to make steamed buns for three meals, with lily and mung bean porridge, and put them in a well not far from the educated youth point, so she didn't have to worry about them going rancid.

I found lilies when I went up the mountain to collect herbs, and there were only a handful of mung beans. Xie Yunjin was surprised when she dug them out from her rattan box. She had forgotten when she bought them, and there were no insects yet!

Because the amount was relatively large, she and Liu He got up before dawn.

Inertia is really a terrible thing. Not long after this, she had gone from being vigilant about going to bed late and getting up early to going to bed early and staying in bed all the time.

It must be because the daily workload is too much!

Xie Yunjin dozed off and after washing up, she put a toffee into both her and Liu He's mouths.

"Refreshing."

The milk candy tastes mellow but not overly sweet. The aroma of milk wraps around the lips and teeth, inexplicably lighting up Xie Yunjin's sleepy eyes.

No one can resist sweet tooth!

Liu He was stunned for a moment, then smiled sheepishly: "They say three toffees equal a cup of milk."

"Really?" Xie Yunjin's left cheek bulged out, and the shape of the toffee inside could be vaguely seen.

It doesn't matter whether he can stand it or not, as long as it tastes good.

After the dough kneading incident last time, Xie Yunjin was not keen on making steamed buns, so she chose the Lily Mung Bean Porridge which was easier to use.

Since she stopped subsidy, Educated Youth Point's food consumption has gradually become normal. Maybe they were afraid of starving at the end of the month, so they didn't dare to eat at the beginning of the month like before, so there was still a lot of fine grains left in the grain bags.

Xie Yunjin grabbed a small handful of rice and whole grains and soaked them together with the mung beans.

The lily is washed, and its jade-white petals are hung with transparent water drops, pure and soft. Xie Yunjin was left with a intact hairpin on her head, and her bright appearance suddenly gained a bit of restrained beauty. Liu He praised: "It looks good!"

The fire in the stove turned on, and Xie Yunjin, who had learned how to boil medicine, finally had a skill that could be considered useful in the kitchen.

Bring to a boil over high heat, then add all the mixed rice and mung beans, cover the pot and cook for about ten minutes.

"When you change the heat to low later, put some water in it. This will make it easier for the sand to come out."

Mung bean porridge needs to be soft to be delicious, especially the texture after being forced to come out of the sand, along with the few fine grains. In a bowl, it looks plentiful and thick.

Xie Yunjin didn't have a watch, so she could only count the beats in boredom, and somehow she remembered the properties of medicinal materials.

Liu He tried hard not to laugh: "It seems that you really learned a lot when you went to the pharmacy."

"Of course." Miss Xie couldn't resist the praise, and her tail would rise to the sky when she was praised.

Liu He divided the risen dough into dozens of small portions and began to shape them.

At this time, thick white mist began to rise around the large iron pot, and the wooden lid popped up with a popping sound. Xie Yunjin carefully opened it with a rag, and the clouds of steam immediately spread out, making it difficult to see clearly.

"Stir it, otherwise it will stick to the pan."

Xie Yunjin, a cooking novice, followed the instructions one by one. After ordering cold water, she pulled out a few thick branches to reduce the heat, covered the pot, and cooked for about twenty minutes.

Liu He's steamed buns are ready for the steamer. The steamed buns mixed with cornmeal are yellow and bright. Although they are not big, they are firm at the top.

The night was slowly opened, and the sky fell all over the earth. There was already movement outside the kitchen, it was the educated youth who got up early.

Xie Yunjin put breakfast on the table. The educated youth was flattered and hurriedly took it and said, "I'll do it, I'll do it! Leave it alone, Yunjin!"

Since the lilies and mung beans were all bought by Xie Yunjin personally, the others only gave her three meals a day. I didn't have any opinions at all. Even Zheng Minmin, who was accustomed to being aggressive, ate in silence. Wang Shuixiu hesitated to speak, but finally said nothing.

The freshly cooked mung bean porridge was still very hot. Xie Yunjin stirred it a few times with a spoon and blew it for a while before putting it into his mouth.

There is no sugar, and the mung bean porridge has the simplest rice aroma and green bean taste. The lily is slightly bitter, and Xie Yunjin is extremely satisfied with it.

Can't this be done? She is so smart!

...

The army-green military vehicle parked at the end of the village, and the villagers sitting on the bullock cart cast curious glances. It wasn't until Xie Yunjin came over on her little leather shoes that someone had the courage to ask: "Xie Zhiqing, do you know how to sit down?" What are the comrades above doing in our village at this time? Is there another party?"

Xie Yunjin glanced at the man sitting in the passenger seat. His handsome face was straight. From this angle, only his cold profile could be seen, and he had an aura that kept strangers away. No wonder no one dared to approach him. Xie Yunjin was amused in her heart, and said to the villager who asked the question: "It's my partner who came to pick me up and take me to the county seat!" His

tone was charming, with a little bit of showing off and pride, and it seemed like a thunderbolt fell among the villagers.

"Xie Zhiqing has a partner?!"

"When did it happen?! That boy of mine will definitely jump up when he hears this!" "What kind of

dreams does that boy have? Even if there are no comrades in the People's Liberation Army, Xie Zhiqing doesn't like him! "

Xie Yunjin ignored their discussion about herself and ran to the military vehicle in small steps.

Lu Fang had seen her a long time ago, opened the door and jumped out of the car, and heard her crisp words. A smile spread from the corners of his lips, and he coughed twice pretending to be calm before saying, "Let's go."

Qian Dahu was in the driver's seat. When he saw Xie Yunjin, he scratched his hair in embarrassment. Then he showed a shy smile: "Xie Zhiqing, we meet again."

Today they went to the home of a comrade to express condolences. Originally, he was wondering what the deputy battalion was doing here, but he saw such a scene unexpectedly.

He couldn't have imagined that in just a short period of time, the deputy battalion would include the girl in his territory. This was so fast. They couldn't go to the canteen to grab food at this speed on weekdays!

Xie Yunjin smiled at him and then realized that there was a small cushion tied to the seat in front of her. It was gray-black and not very beautiful, but it felt very comfortable to the touch. She sat on it, and the soft touch made her sigh.

Finally, I don't have to sit in a bullock cart with my butt bumped up!

The speed of four-wheelers is naturally much faster. When we arrived at the county town, there was still a long queue at the grain station.

She said goodbye to the two of them temporarily and went to the post office alone.

Afraid that she would not get used to living in the countryside, Xie's father would send her a lot of things every month. Calculating the time, this month's items should have arrived long ago.

After reading her letter of introduction, the salesperson indeed brought a large package and a letter from it.

Xie Yunjin borrowed a paper knife from the salesperson, carefully cut open one side of the envelope, and poured out a thick stack of money stamps inside - food stamps, snack stamps, milk powder stamps, and even a few menstruation stamps. She didn't know who he was Where did it come from.

She unfolded the letter, and it asked her to take good care of herself as usual. Perhaps because she was afraid that others would see it, she did not mention her grandfather, but only wrote a few words in a vague way asking her to think about her elders.

Xie Yunjin pursed her lips and read each word. She caught a glimpse of his embarrassment when he wrote that he went to change the menstrual belt, and couldn't help but laugh.

Only then did she remember that she had written a letter before she was reborn, asking her father to go to the mall to buy disposable imported sanitary napkins. She was used to that kind and was not used to the menstrual belts here at all.

Father Xie, a grown man, how could he go to the mall to buy this, so he secretly called a worker in the factory whose wife was pregnant, and used the food stamps and industrial stamps on hand to exchange for more than half a year's supply, which made the employees very uneasy. I thought there was something wrong with him.

After reading the letter, Xie Yunjin missed her even more. She put the package aside and queued up at the phone.

There were a lot of people calling. As soon as she got in line, she was followed by a slightly fat lady. She saw that she had received a large package, but her expression was gloomy. She smiled softly and said, "I guess something has been sent from home, little girl." The girl must be homesick."

Xie Yunjin smiled politely, and suddenly his eyes fixed on the square scarf tied up her hair.

Isn't that the one she had stolen by Wang Shuixiu?

Although she exaggerated the price at the time, this square scarf was indeed bought for her by Xie's father when he was on a business trip to Haishi. At that time, she still disliked Xie's father's vision and said that the pattern he picked was too plain and looked like a girl. Only used by older people.

Perhaps her gaze was too obvious, and the aunt was stunned by the sight. Then she followed her gaze and touched the square scarf tied at the end of her hair, feeling a little embarrassed for a moment.

"Is it not suitable for an elderly person like my aunt? I said I didn't want to wear it, but it was the child's wish, so I didn't shirk it."

Xie Yunjin waved her hands quickly: "No, it's very beautiful. I was just thinking of asking you. Where did you buy it? I want to buy one too, but there seems to be no such thing in the sales agency."

Being praised by such a beautiful little girl, the aunt smiled from ear to ear: "It's not sold in our county, it's my son's. I brought it back from a big city, and I spent a lot of money on it!"

Xie Yunjin felt relieved and said politely: "My son is so filial."

Making phone calls is not cheap these days, and everyone is concise and to the point, so the queue is quite fast. Fast.

Xie Yunjin picked up the receiver and dialed Xie's father's factory phone number. There was noisy movement on the other end, and after a while, someone picked up: "Hello, Yun Jin?"

There was a bit of surprise and expectation in the voice, and Xie Yunjin's nose felt sour, and her eyes instantly turned red.

"Dad...it's me..."

Xie Yan's smile suddenly widened when he heard this delicate voice. Regardless of whether the worker who came to see him was still nearby, he immediately coaxed: "What's the matter? Are you feeling wronged in some way?" Come on, tell dad, and dad will find a way for you."

He and his wife had such a precious daughter, and they had doted on her since she was a child. After his wife passed away, many people advised him to marry another one. Otherwise, how could he, a grown man, bring up a little girl?

But Xie Yan didn't want to, and being a father and mother at the same time made Xie Yunjin develop an arrogant and willful temper.

When his daughter went to the countryside, he didn't think of any way. He is a cadre in the factory and has a certain say. It is not impossible to arrange a position for his daughter and keep her in the capital. However, his daughter was reported to be sent to the countryside, so he couldn't take action.

After coaxing and persuading, she reluctantly sent her away. Even so, she felt uneasy. She had to send a large package of things every month for fear that she would be short of food and clothing there.

So when he heard her choked voice, Xie Yan immediately felt distressed: "Is life in the country difficult? It's okay Yun Jin, dad will find a way to get you back." Xie Yunjin sniffed hurriedly

and refused: "No, dad, I've been having a good time recently, you don't have to worry."

Xie Yan didn't believe this and asked, "Really?"

Xie Yunjin hummed heavily and recounted what happened recently. , Xie Yancai sighed and smiled, and said: "Yunjin has grown up."

Xie Yunjin asked about his physical condition again, and then thought of something, his voice suddenly became brighter, with a bit of the shyness of a little daughter: "By the way Dad, I'm talking to someone here!"