Mohammed Shami's comeback plans for IPL 2024 and T20 World Cup 2024 revealed

Mohammed Shami is currently recovering from an ankle injury sustained during the ICC World Cup 2023

Mohammed Shami is currently recovering from an ankle injury sustained during the ICC World Cup 2023. He hasn't played cricket since the global tournament in India and even visited London to seek an expert opinion on his rehabilitation.

He was named in the squad for the two-match Test series against South Africa but was ruled out at the last moment.

There were speculations of Shami making a comeback in the five-match Test series against England. However, he didn't recover on time and was not considered. In his recent conversation with PTI, the pacer spoke about his love for Biryani, his hair transplant, and his come back to international cricket.

"I thought it would be painful (hair transplant) but it was not. It gives you natural look, which is good," Mohammed Shami said.

"I will definitely have Hyderabad Biryani. I am famous for my fondness for Biryani and I am going to feast on the food," Shami added. 

He is hoping to return to action soon. "Hopefully, I will be back on the field and make my country proud."

Shami's return is expected in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024. The speedster will represent Gujarat Titans, the last year's finalists. He has done well for the franchise in the previous two seasons, winning the Purple Cap in 2023.

Shami was the highest wicket-taker in the previous season, with 28 wickets at an average of 18.64.

He has an outside chance of playing in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024, which is scheduled in June. The global tournament will be played in the United States of America and the West Indies.

Shami hasn't been able to crack the T20 code in international cricket and doesn't play in this format of the game. In 23 T20Is, he has taken 24 wickets at an average of 29.62 and an economy of 8.94.

About author
Venkat Narayanan
Sub Editor at CricToday

As an aspiring journalist, I possess a dogged determination to uncover the story and bring it to the masses.With extensive experience in media and communication, I showcase a deep passion for storytelling and have developed a versatile set of skills in publishing.