what if

You should've never agreed to attend to this summer camp.

Well- Hange technically forced you into agreeing. "Come on! This would be a great opportunity to make friends!" they'd say, while you would just roll your eyes.

You gave up on denying their request to participate in the camp after they promised you to never bother you with summer camps ever again. (This isn't the first time they had asked you).

And so you finally agreed- and you start to regret it the second you set a foot into the bus that would be driving you and Hange to the camp.

There's a total of five buses, standing in a row to collect the massive crowd of people. The bus you're in is packed to the brim.

"I'm not doing this,"

"There's no backing out now, darling." Hange's right: there's no backing out now. The bus has already started to move.

"It's only two months, you'll be fine. Hey- I'm sure you'll even find a lot of new friends! Plus, you've got me."

You highly doubt that you'll make any friends. But, you'll try to make the best of those two months possible.

After a four hour drive, you finally arrive. People started searching for the dorms they'd be staying in. The only good thing about this place is that Hange's your roommate.

The camp is gigantic- it is broken down into three different sections, depending on the age of the people that are attending.

The first section is for children between six and twelve, followed by the second one which is for teenagers between thirteen and seventeen. The last one is for young adults between eighteen and twenty-three.

Hange and you are in section three, the one for young adults.

You're surprised when you open the dorm door to a small, yet clean and tidy living room, which also includes a small kitchen. There's two cozy bedrooms and you immediately sit down on the freshly made bed.

Two months. Is all you can think of.

-

It takes an one hour to organise your dorm. And before you know it, it's already seven in the afternoon and Hange drags you to the big mess hall.

You're snapped out of your thoughts when Hange suddenly stops walking and you nearly bump into them. "Oh my god," they whisper.

"There's no way. Is that- Erwin!" Hange runs off to a tall, young man with blonde hair. He has a gentle smile on his face as he spots Hange: they must know each other.

Should you go after them? God, this is awkward.

With a sigh, you slowly walk to reunite with Hange. You glance around. There aren't many people, you suppose they're all already in the mess hall.

'Erwin' glances behind Hange as he sees you approaching. Hange turns around.

"Oh! Erwin, meet my best friend, Faith!" Erwins eyebrows rise ever so slightly.

"That's a unique name." He says and you shake your head. "It's just a nickname Hange came up with- it's a long story."

"It suits you well," Hange eyes you with an I told you so look.