15. | War

- THIRD PERSON -

Sirius Reed Black. The son of the well known fierce leader, Elijah Black.

Being the son of a fierce leader held lots of responsibilities. He had to follow in his father's footsteps and take over the family business.

Amongst the shadows of the city's underworld, Sirius Reed Black moved with an air of calculated precision. As the future heir to his father's mafia his life was on a constant void of danger and intrigue, his every move dictated by the rules of a ruthless game.

In a city where secrets whispered on the wind and alliances shifted like sand, Nova and Sirius were bound by the invisible threads of destiny, drawing closer with each passing moment.

Even with the constant dangers surrounding him, people knew that if anyone dared to harm him they'd not live to see tomorrow.

He was Elijah Black's son after all.

Despite the soft heart he had towards his best friend he could change his demeanor within a second.

He's grown up with torture and he's had enough with that.

All his life he's had no control of his own life and he wasn't going to let it happen again.

Instead of heading to the park after school like every normal child, he would be forcefully dragged to the massive training camp on the grounds of his house.

He's father had sent him away for safety after all hence the large sums of land surrounding the house he stayed in.

Whenever his father wanted to come and see him his mother would always manipulate and guilt trip him in how he puts his sons life in constant danger everytime he visited.

She made sure to keep him away from his son.

She had no remorse when it came to creating the wounds on her own son.

She left him to heal all by himself. The scars grew close but the pain created by it still hid beneath it all.

- S I R I U S -

I stared down at my wrist, watching the time of my watch closely.

We all have been sitting in this meeting for God knows how long and listen to everyone plan ideas.

"We're going into war people. Not a fucking meet and greet." Rocco snickered as Richard, one of our trusted partners looked taken aback.

"We need to start acting soon before this involves our families lives. I'd rather be on a mission for months than let a single scratch be laid onto my family, do you get that Richard?" Lorenzo said and narrowed his eyes.

Lorenzo was a powerful man and everyone knew that. One wrong move and his gun would be the last thing your eyes see.

"I understand." Richard said and nodded his head, swallowing hard.

"Very well then, So speak up. Are we taking them to war or do we wait to get killed?" Dad finally spoke up after glaring at everyone.

"I say we take them to war." Roman said as everyone nodded in unison.

"Sirius I think it's better that you back out on this one. You're young and you are the rightful heir to my mafia, it's better safe than sorry." Dad said as I could feel my gaze hardening.

I clenched my fists underneath the table and before I could retaliate Rocco patted my shoulder.

"Just go." He muttered and nodded to the door.

It was better that I just keep my mouth shut.

If a decision was made I knew there was no way I could change it.

Just as I get up from my chair Lorenzo stops me.

"Both you and Nova are the only ones staying behind to be more safe and cautious I think it's better if you both stay together for the time being so I bought a penthouse. Whenever you're ready you can move your things into there." Lorenzo said as I took in what he said before nodding.

"Thank you." I muttered and left the room.

I walked past Lorenzo's office to see Nova painting her nails as she sat on his chair.

How was I going to last a day with her?

Let alone a whole few months.

We argue all the time. I can just imagine how much we'll argue in that fucking penthouse.

"Are you just going to stand there?" Nova's voice breaks me out of my thoughts.

I rolled my eyes and walked inside the room, taking a seat infront of the desk.

She continued to paint her nails with the pack of hot cheetos on her lap.

"Give me that." I huffed and grabbed the chips, snacking onto it.

"Hey! That's mine." She huffed in return and went to grab it but accidentally smudged her painted nails against my suit.

"Just kill me already." She closed her eyes dramatically.

"I'm not killing you now will you let go of the chips? I'm starving." I said and narrowed my eyes at her hand that held onto the chips.

"Fine." She huffed and let go, making me grin.

"I'm sorry about your suit. I'll get you a new one." She muttered as she eyed the stain.

"It's okay I was planning to get a new one anyway.

Hiii!

Sorry for the long wait I had literally a full on 5 pages I had to memorize.

School can literally shove its ass under the ground.

Well I hope you liked the chapter!