sisters

I am the pink sister, she is the purple sister.

That's all there is to it.

She would get all the cool fashionable barbie's with the teeshirts and the leggings. And i? i'd get the ones with the sparkly poofy dresses that would get glitter all over your hands.

The ones you had to pinch the leg under the skirt to hold it up right, or else have to bunch the dress in your hand with the uncomfortable mesh.

I have the street smarts, she has the book smarts.

That's all there is to it.

She gets praise on her grades, my dad's biggest accomplishment, and i have the common sense that only gets you so far in life. The same common sense that knows the difference between right and wrong.

The same common sense that may keep you from getting yelled at by mom and dad for getting a speeding ticket.

I am the younger sister, she is the older.

That's all there is to it.

While I have to sit behind and wait for my turn, she gets to soar and go as far as she wants, leaving me. And I get to sit at home and re think a life without her.

The same thoughts I used to hate her with. The same thoughts that always made me wish I was her. But now I want to be with her.

four hours and ten minutes away, just a little under 300 miles yet it feels like it's thousands that seperate us.

i used to wish and count the days for her to finally leave so I no longer have to compete. But now I am not quite sure what to do with myself.

But she was the purple sister, the one with the smarts, the oldest. And I was the pink sister, the one with street smarts, the youngest.

That's all there is to it.

-k.m