9.

Flo was sprawled across the sofa, staring blankly at the ceiling. It'd been an hour since she arrived at their house and she was already bored out of her mind. She had already braided her hair, twice, and painted her nails. She hated not being surrounded by her possessions and the prospect of sleeping somewhere other than her own bed was enough to send her spiralling. Her fingers drummed against the taught fabric as she listened to the dull thuds that came from them.

She threw her legs over the side of the sofa as she hauled herself upright. Being as silent as possible (so as not to attract unwanted attention) she grabbed her coat off the hook and slipped her shoes on. She slowly twisted the latch of the front door and slipped out, gently pushing it shut behind her.

Florence shoved her headphones in her ears and began on her walk down the road. She knew the guys wanted her to stay inside for a bit so she didn't bump into her brother but she ached for the outside. She was a very static person and it pained her to stay still for too long.

She let out a deep sigh as she walked the familiar streets, using the cover of the darkness to slip through the streets. It felt odd sneaking around her own town but with Adam no more than half a mile from her, it seemed necessary. She knew he couldn't help his... condition but that didn't stop her resenting him any less.

Florence had been out for a little less than twenty minutes when she felt something barge her shoulder. She quickly whipped round and with a swift motion yanked her headphones from her ears. With eyes wide, she took in the sight of Ghost. His chest was heaving and beads of sweat prickled his forehead as if he'd been running.

"What are you-?"

"God- fuck how stupid are you?" He hissed, "Price is half-mental with worry!" To Florence, it seemed an over reaction but she didn't understand the danger she was in. She was unaware how horribly entangled her life was becoming.

"I'm sorry but what?" She let out a huff of a laugh, "I'm on a walk. I've hardly been kidnapped."

Ghost hands clenched as he glared at her. "Florence," He took a step forward, their chests colliding as he glared down at her. "Price cares about you."

She rolled her eyes, "Just because I agreed to stay at your house doesn't mean I agreed to being under lock and key." She turned to walk away, only stopping when his hand enclosed around her wrist.

"I'm taking you back."

"No you're not. You're going to leave me be and i'll come back when i'm done." Florence was aware of the massive power dynamic difference between them but she still stood her ground. If there was one thing that Florence was it was confident when it came to weasel men.

His head cocked and his mask shifted as he ran his tongue across his cheek as he watched her. In one moment, he slung her across his shoulder before he took off running.

"Ghost put me down!" She protested as she hit his shoulder. He ignored her, only slowing when the house came into view. 

He pushed the door open, still gripping her tightly as he walked into the living room. There stood Soap, Gaz and Price, their faces scrunched in confusion as they took in the sight before them. Soap collapsed into the sofa with a sigh as he rubbed his temples slightly.

Ghost put Florence on the ground in front of him but kept his hands firmly planted on her shoulders so she couldn't move.

"Where did you go Flo?" Price sighed as he looked at Florence. He really did care about her like his own daughter and he'd been sent into a panic when he realised she'd vanished. He thought they'd come for her.

"A walk." She shrugged, feeling her movement restricted by Ghost's heavy hands.

"Sir, I think it's time we tell her..." Ghost groaned as he realised she'd just run off again.

"Tell me what?" Florence's brows knitted together as her eyes darted between the three that she could see. She felt her heart rate increase a little as she wondered what they could possibly say.

"Ghost-" There was a warning tone to Price's voice.

"Look, we've been here for seven months now. You guys have been trying to convince me from day one that she's not involved.If she was guilty we'd know. We need to tell her so she understands why she can't just walk off... especially if her brothers her."

He felt as her shoulders tensed up beneath him. It took everything within him not to give a gentle squeeze to reassure her but the kind part of Ghost had died several tragic things ago.

There room was so silent it seemed deafening. Gaz cleared his throat a little, "I agree with Ghost. Besides, if we tell her she might be able to think of something that could help."

Price shook his head as he sunk down into the spot next to Soap. He seemed to have aged several years as his eyes landed on Florence's.

"Fine." He wiped his hands on his trousers before returning his attention to her. "Florence, we aren't... we aren't who we said we are. Don't get me wrong, our names are the same we just aren't the same people... I'm John Price, Captain of task force 141."

Florence felt her stomach drop.

"We were sent here to watch you. For two years we've been trailing a very, very dangerous criminal organisation and for whatever reason it always leads back to you."

Her hands shook a little at her sides as she took in the information.

"I don't understand." Her voice came through as just a whisper.

"For a long time we though you were involved, that's why we're here. But we knew from the bat that there was no way you could be involved so we've spent the time since keeping an eye on you and trying to figure out why our leads keep coming back to you. Do you remember the group of men who followed you a few months back?"

She nodded her head as her eyes began to swim with tears.

"We think they were sent by the gang to fetch you... and now your estranged brother shows up after seven years? It's no coincidence. It's not safe here for you Flo..."

"S-so you've been lying to me?" She asked, forcing her voice to come out. She was met with radio silence. "You've been lying this whole time?" She began to shout. "I trusted you and you were lying to me!" Her voice broke a little as she tried to refrain from crying. She tried to break free of Ghost's grasp but couldn't.

"Flo, please just- just try to understand." Soap watched her from a distance.

"Don't call me that. Don't fucking call me that!" She continued to fight against Ghost. He wrapped a strong arm around her stomach and his other wrapped around her chest, holding her arms down. He pulled her into him, cradling her a little in his chest.

For a brief moment, he threw his hatred out the window because, right now, she was a scared little girl who needed someone to comfort her. He felt as all the tension fled from her body and she became weak in his grasp. He very slowly lowered himself to the floor till they were sat down, in each others arms.

Price held his head in his hands as he watched the pair. He knew he'd hurt her. He knew he was the first person she'd let in since her dad died... and he'd betrayed her.

"I'm sorry Flo, I'm so sorry."