ii. the trail

ii. the trail , episode two

BAMBI rubbed at her itchy, tear stained face as she opened her eyes

BAMBI rubbed at her itchy, tear stained face as she opened her eyes. Sitting up, she looked around wondering if everything was just a nightmare. But it wasn't.

Her classmates were sprawled out along the floor of the hallway, some waking up and some still laying on the floor as they took in their situation m.

Suddenly their phones started to ping. Bambi hurriedly picked her phone up and looked at the screen. 'Before the last vote closed, Police used their skill. Choi Juwon was executed by Mafia. Choi Juwon was Mafia.' the AI voice spoke through the speakers as the text popped up on screen.

'All participants, identify the Mafia and begin to vote.' Bambi set her phone down and let out a deep breath. "Where Juwon?" Yoon seo asked. "The broadcast.. Who's in charge of the Broadcast?" Wooram asked, completely ignoring Yoon seo.

"Why is it even on?" Wooram yelled, pointing towards the speaker on the ceiling. "The studios on the second floor." Hyun ho said, "Let's go check it out, come on." Hyun ho ran down the hall, causing others to follow.

A scream came from the men's restroom, alerting anyone nearby. Bambi ran towards the noise, along with a few others.

Blood seeped out from under one of the bathroom stalls, coating the white marble flooring in red. Hireath covered her mouth and turned to look away. Somi held onto her hand and patted her back.

"Class President, you open the door." Kyung jun said, pushing Junhee towards the door. Junhee pushed it open slowly, revealing a dead and bloodied Juwon sitting slumped over on the floor.

"He's dead." Junhee muttered, his posture tense and hands clenched. "It's the Mafia game." Da beom spoke shakily, "What.. What if we all die too?" He asked panicked.

"Shut your mouth, you idiot! Who says we're dying!?" Kyung jun yelled, grabbing the other boy's collar. "Stop it!" Bambi exclaimed, grabbing Kyung jim's wrist to pull his hands away from the smaller boy.