System, Savior and Determination

"Kon, if you feel that you need to take responsibility for getting me involved in this, you're wrong"

"Eh?"

Kousaka Towa calmly added with a smile,
"Please don't look down on me, just dying once won't slow me down. Even if it was for a short while, with these happy memories as we lived together, I can be re-motivated again. Just think of it as an equivalent exchange, you saved me in my tough times and I saved you by sheltering you. See, there is no problem in that."

"Even so—"

"I still know how to be responsible. If you feel to be responsible for me, my dignity would be gone. The current me now is unable to stand in the same place as you, my strength isn't enough." He lowers his head and clenches his tiny fists.

"However, what I said only lasts for now. I, Kosaka Towa, don't intend to stay at the same spot. So, Kon, please wait for me. With a goal, I will catch up and surpass you soon!"

"Haha-Indeed, I have no doubt—we will decisively conquer those feeble-minded tricksters of evil and Chaos together. It's, of course, within my undeniable teaching capabilities."

"But Kon, that's typical of you. You getting tricked part that is." Towa reminisces about the time when Kon was a cat. His behavior was akin to a typical orange behavior with a single brain cell.

"Ahh! I was just following my instincts. Don't mention that in front of that Goddess, she won't stop teasing me using that!" Kon was embarrassed with his past being known to Gaia.

Wait, is there a special meaning behind those words?

"Ho-ho don't worry, I'll take this to my grave." As if he understood everything Towa patted his chest with a smug smile on his face.

"Looks like you are misunderstanding something but don't have sanity left to retort back." Kon sighs with a huff but to divert his embarrassment he changes the topic "Towa, the two skills you possess are granted by her according to the contract for your reincarnation."

"Yes, Independent Manifestation and Natural body right? They are pretty useful. But what is this contract with Gaia that you just mentioned?"

"Let me explain; my expertise lays solely in my formidable fighting prowess, not in the art of reincarnating souls. It was during this time that Gaia extended her assistance, albeit with certain conditions.

The terms were clear: as the inheritor of my powers and the user of the system, you must safeguard her world from the encroachment of Chaos and its perilous fragments. In return, she will reincarnate you with skills, allow growing stronger by traveling to another world, and help with the recovery of my powers."

"...I see." Towa didn't say anything. He understood the world was in danger.

"Fortunately, my century-long experience has equipped me with the skills to combat and repel them However, that must be postponed until you reach the age of four, as your current reserves stand at F-.

The 'Natural Body' skill will aid in increasing them to D level. Meanwhile, my powers recover to some extent, and you will be able to read and write which is essential for training. For now, feel free to explore the system and exploit it to gain advantages."

"But, what if—"

"Worry not, Gaia will predict with her divination when chaos will enter her world. " Kon assures Towa Kon as his avatar starts to dissipate.

"Looks like the time limit is only this much? I must now retreat into a dormant state for recovery so I can materialize physically." Kon disperses into his spirit form.

"It's lonely being alone. Let's call System."

Towa concentrates on creating an image of a panel.

[Ding! ]

[Life Resurgence Safeguard System is online. ]

[Name: Kousaka Towa

Gender: Male

Age: 0(4days)

Bloodline/Affiliation: None

Alignment: Lawful Good

Epithet: - One Acknowledged by the Divine Fox, Favorite Child of Gaia

Tier: F- (Magician Apprentice)

Fundamental Spells: Foxfire, Levitation
Skill: Independent Manifestation, Natural Body

Blessing: Divine protection of Absolute Freeze]

"Let me see what is there in the Exchange Shop first..."

[Achievement Point Exchange Shop

You can collect the achievements that you perform in your home world or another world and convert them into points.

These points can be used to purchase skills, facilities, and items that will aid you in the battle against chaos.

The types of achievement include temperance, charity, diligence, friendship, romance, respect, infatuation, and such. The items that have been exchanged cannot be refunded.

Balance = 15,000 AP ]

[World Coin Shop

You can collect rare collectible items in different realities to convert them to world coins.

These coins can purchase the user to travel back to another world, personal goods that include combat-related items, daily life necessities, occupational tools, and such.

World coins spent cannot be refunded, so please proceed with caution.

The first key to unlock travel in another world will be your illustrations or manga that the user will make from his former world to travel to the following world.

The system with the support of skill Independent Manifestation will generate a quest and physical body suitable for the mission.
Travel when a quest is generated will require no cost, but without a quest, it would cost WC. Once the user is amid a quest user cannot leave. According to performance evaluation rewards and WC will be granted.

Balance = 3,000 WC ]

[The goods available in the Achievement Point Exchange Shop and World Coin Shop can be refreshed once every month, and special discounts will be available on certain dates like birthdays. The user is advised to pay careful attention to the two shops as they are important for missions.]

"Hmm...? Special discounts? Wow, it seems quite friendly, let's check out some of these."

[Gate of Babylon - 1,000,000,000 World Coins

Medusa's Serpent Staff = 500,000 Achievement Points

Philosopher's Stone – 1.000,000 WC

Armor of Reinforcement (YGGDRASIL) – 2,500,000 WC

...

.... ]

Towa inspected every nook and cranny of the two shops, but he wasn't able to find anything with his current balance or quest to help him.

"Hold it for a second, this isn't right. Isn't a System supposed to give out quests for the main storyline with rewards on the line? I mean, even a minor quest would do too! Like washing dishes, or finding a missing cat for small bonuses... Isn't that the norm for Systems?"

[The Life Resurgence Safeguard System is a 'passive System'. The user is advised to live life passionately and strive to be independent.

This System strongly objects to the act of holding the user hostage to its whims and orders the user around like a tool. As the saying goes 'Man's duty is to improve himself; to cultivate his mind; and, when he finds himself going astray, to bring the moral law to bear upon himself.' ]

"???"

What just happened? Did he just get taught a life lesson by a system?

"Moreover, there are passive systems nowadays too? Wow, the variety sure has expanded fast!"

Towa with a deadpan look on his face took a look at his User Interface before retorting, "Boss, my World is at stake here. I don't even know when my loved ones will be in danger, and you're still in the mood to be educating me here?
Right now I cannot even perform magic or use my hands to draw manga to travel to another world. Even if I do so then anime and manga won't be enough to get so many Achievement Points as the spectrum of people being fans is low compared to the mass population. How will I farm points? That's why I'm asking you, so please lend me your strength."

[May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.]

"..."

The hell. Was this System from America?

"Can't you at least point a way out for me? I'm really in a pinch right now!'

[Ding! ]

[The user's call for help has been accepted. Searching for optimal items for the user's body. Scanning completed. The user is advised to check the shops. Redirecting to the World Coin Shop.]

[The user is advised to keep a close eye on the items relating to skills and entertainment-related goods that can help in farming Achievement Points. The Achievement Point Exchange Shop and World Coin Shop are being refreshed.]

[3, 2, 1... Refresh complete.]

As the voice sounded from the System, Towa saw rows of shining armor suits and two-handed swords disappear right before his eyes, replaced with a page filled with vague descriptions, and bizarre goods that gave off ominous vibes.

Towa's heart skipped a beat. He began looking through the list one by one.
There was one item at the very end of the list that piqued his interest. He quickly focused his attention and took a closer look at it.

[Set of Music Synthesizer and Music Board (Mind-controlled)

An equipment created by Great Sage Kankara for his friend, who was a master musician, who got struck by an accident getting nerve damage. To listen to his melody again he experimented on healing his condition but it would take a lot of time. Due to his addiction to his music, he was unable to hold back his impatience and created this invention.

Bonus Effect: Increase in proficiency with musical instruments used.

Price: 10,000 WC]

"It's really useful and costs less, this still is expensive but manageable for me"

[The user is advised to take a look at gacha goods or items related to characters in this world to exchange World coins, which would help the user to buy items that would improve user. The user's real skills will be essential in leading a bright future. Only through forming such a virtuous cycle will the user be able to overcome his death flags and enjoy a fulfilling life.]

"I see. I'll do that. For now I'll take a look at the Achievement Point Exchange Shop then."

Towa was persuaded by the long speech made by the System, so he decided to take a look at the Achievement Point Exchange System first. But soon enough, his face turned grim once again.

[Dragon God's Liquor Spring (Soul Well)

Reinvigorating water that heals the injuries of the heart; It will summon our friends.

Price: 2,500,000 Achievement Points]

...

[Light of Heiðr

The light shines through the darkness, dispelling them from sight.

Price: 300,000 Achievement Points Per Light]

...

[Skill - Beautiful Appearance

This skill Increases negotiation success rate with both men and women and neutralizes effects that target one specific gender.

Price: 15,000 Achievement Points]

"Other than the last one, why are the descriptions of the items here so vague? I have completely no idea what they are used for at all. Besides, they are all so expensive!"

[The descriptions will be altered by the circumstances of the user. Achievement Points are easier to earn, so the user need not worry too much about it.]

"If you say so, then buy the last one."

[Ding! ]

[Skill: Beautiful appearance acquired]

[Beautiful appearance – It is a Skill that combines natural beauty with clothing, creating an aura (though not the figure) of genderless beauty. It increases the negotiation success rate with both men and women. Neutralizes effects that target one specific gender.]

"Oi! Why was that one detail hidden!" Towa retorts to his system but it doesn't respond.

[Congratulations, For looking through the System Shop you have obtained a beginner Gacha token]

[Draw now? <YES> <NO>]

"YES."

[Obtained Emblem of Prestige]

[Emblem of Prestige

The charisma of a hero is unstoppable. A person equipped with this item will emanate a slight yet inconspicuous seductive charm. Its effects vary for each person.

Bonus Effect: the Emblem can induce the development of skill Charisma. ]

"Hm? Seductive charm? In other words, if I wear it, it'll be beneficial to me in winning the Achievement Points out of others?"

[Bingo. The item has already been given out. The user is advised to quickly equip it.]

Right after the System said those words, bits of light began gleaming from Towa's hand. It looked similar to how the fireflies swarm during the past summer nights.

By the time Towa returned to his senses, the light had already formed a small tattoo of an emblem on his palm vanished into thin air.

"Is this... the key to save the world?"

The adorable boy muttered to himself as he gazed up at the blue sky beyond the glass door and grasped the hand emblem with his other hand tightly.

Just like that, Kousaka Towa understood he was weak now.

Just like that, Kousaka Towa knew about the beings he couldn't touch.

But because of this, he wouldn't give up and would continue to pursue on.

He was not aiming to climb higher.

He just wanted to protect this sky now.

○⚫○⚫○⚫○⚫○⚫○⚫○

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment as your support means a lot to me.