Chapter One

The Good Old Days

~Baileys POV~

I grew up just 15 minutes outside of the town of Athens, Ohio on my family ranch. My mom grew up here, this state, this city, this ranch. My grandparents passed it down to us when my mom and dad got married as well as all the horses, my mom grew up in the horse business so my grandfather was glad it was in good hands. Oh and I can't forget football, my dad coaches football with his best friend Jim Burrow they grew up playing in college together.

Not only are my family and the Burrows close but so are Joe and I, so close we are only born 3 months apart.  Joe was born in December and I was born in March, joe playfully likes to say he is a year older because he caught the tail end of the year when I was born fresh in the new year. From that day forth Joe and I have been inseparable. We shared everything. There were never secrets. Joe's parents and my parents would take turns looking after all 6 of us, me, Joe, Alex, Max, Dan, and Jamie. (we were and handful)

As Joe and I grew up, so did feelings, and feelings of friendship turned into feelings of love. In our sophomore year, Joe asked me to Homecoming, I said yes of course he did it in the cutest way.

Flashback

It was just after dinner when the light in the sky was going down and my dad tasked me with throwing bales of hay in the horse stalls before I called it a night.  I made my way up the back ramp of the barn, as I opened the door light came through.

Joe, there he was standing a little up and all done up with fairy lights and flowers in displays everywhere, it was beautiful.

Joe was holding a sign that read "You have to be this tall to say no to the HOCO" with a height limit from a ride next to him. I shook my head and laughed as I ran towards him hugging him. It was always a joke between Joe and me how much shorter I was than him since we were kids.

As I wrapped my arms around Joe I said "Yes!" squealing in excitement.

Joe helped me feed the horses after his proposal. We went back up to the top half of the barn to get the flowers remaining that we had not taken in the house yet. As we were walking past the hay I thought it would be funny to shove Joe. When I pushed him he grabbed my hand pulling me with him.

"JOEY" I growled as he pulled me. I found myself hitting his chest.

Joe laughed as I tried to get up but found myself caught in his grip. His laugh was beautiful, I thought as I found myself gazing into his eyes, those baby blues oh how I got lost.

"Bailey," Joe said, "I was back.  " how you are so beautiful B." Our eyes were locked, only to break when Joe found my lips with his. We kissed, in the hay with flowers and the only man I could want.

I smiled at the memory but then frowned at the memory of when it had to come to an end. The summer after our junior year my father was offered a job at the University of Texas, and we had to move. I was scared to tell Joe we were so in love and every day was perfect. When the day came, my parents invited the Burrows to the house for a final family dinner. Joe and I talked after dinner and cried a bit too.

When Joe came to say goodbye the morning of the drive to Texas, I was trying so hard to stay strong but the second I was in Joe's arms I couldn't stop the cries.

Flashback

Joe asked me to walk with him in the fields behind the house for one last time, I agreed willingly as this would be the last time for a long time.

"Can we talk ?" Joe asked as he let go of my hand and faced me.

" Of course, what about?" With a nervous tone in the voice.

"Us, Bailey we can't go like this anymore." what was Joe implying...

" I love you B with all my heart but you are gonna be so far and we are so young, i think we should stop dating but stay friends ok?"

My heart had broken then and there, not only was I losing my home, my friends, my memories but now Joe. I never wanted to go to Texas, not if it meant leaving my heart here. "Yeah, I agree, friends. We will keep in touch." I frowned as I saw the hurt in both of our eyes.

When Joe and I made it back to the driveway I said my final goodbye as I rounded up Missy, marsh and Buck into the back of my truck where they would sleep on the back bench to their new home. I was driving by myself and so were my brothers because we all wanted trucks in Texas. Being the youngest I drew the short straw and had to take the dogs with me. 

Starting the truck made my heart sink. This was goodbye to my other half, my other family. Tears streamed down my face as I hugged Robin and Jim for the last time they were my other set of parents I had so much love for them.  I waved to the boys blew a kiss saying goodbye and drove down the road towards the highway with tear-stained eyes.

AN

HEY!!!

Ok this is my first time making a story, I hope is ok...😬

Let me know if yall have any feedback back so I can become better! I love reading these so thought I would give writing one a try 🧡

Gonna try uploading another chapter or two tomorrow just wanted to get everything started!