Chapter two

Broken Past

~ Bailey POV~

My first few weeks in Texas were miserable, all I wanted was to go home. Home, home was Joe...or at least it was. Joe and I still tried to keep contact but it was hard, we both had busy schedules mine with horses and barn work Joe with football. When we managed to catch time to chat it was awkward, short and weird. There was now this gap, more like a canyon between Joe and me. Talking to Joe hurt, a lot. My heart was broken more and more each time missing what we used to be.

As days turned into weeks and weeks into mouths, I grew farther from Joe, my Joe. I was out one day riding my horse Dutch with my mom and dad, we were riding in the fields behind the house when my heart dropped, and tears burned my cheeks.

Flashback

"The woods are beautiful this time of year." I said as I took a picture of my mom and dad together who were riding in front of me on their horses June and Red.

"Couldn't agree more." my mom said with a big smile as she looked back at me and then back at my dad.

I opened my phone with my free hand to post the picture I had just taken, I hadn't updated my socials in a minute half my followers probably didn't even know im in Texas.

Liked by MaxLay_ton, Joyeb_9, and 350 others @BLayton - Mom and Dad! They are so cute :)

@BLayton - Mom and Dad! They are so cute :)

Comments:

Alex*LAYTON - Y'all went without me?!

RobinBurrow99 - Come visit we miss you guys!

DANB - My mom is right we miss the boys...and you too B.
Replies BLayton - Gee thanks, Danny.

View more comments

After I had posted the photo I went through some of my friend's stories just to keep up with them, I replied to a few of them with "I miss you" till I saw Joe's. I hovered my finger over Joe's Profile photo nervous to see what was behind it, we hadn't talked in months and seeing his face or hearing his voice would hurt. I know im going to regret this but I clicked on his story.

I did, I regret it. There he was with some other girl on top of his shoulders at a party. She had brown hair and blue eyes she was beautiful, joe seemed happy with her it just hurt that it wasn't with me. I thought I was something special to him like he is to me or was.

~Joes story ~

~Joes story ~

That night was my final straw, I had cut off all contact with Joe. He called I let it go to voice mail, he texted, and I ignored him. I was tired, tired of all of it he broke my heart just like that. That moment in the field he just stood there, stood and watched my heart shader and burn. My decision was made from here on out I would let my life move on.

The summer turned into fall I became a senior in high school, I went to prom with my friends, applied to college and university and graduated. My Aunt Robin and Uncle Jim came to my graduation as well as Dan and Jamie the only one who did not come was Joe, Jamie told me he had something for football and that Joe wished he could have come. That summer Mom and Dad Moved back to Ohio because Dad's contract was up and my brothers and I were all at uni.

I went to the University of Oregon for sports management and media, I got to work up close with their football, volleyball and track and field team well I was at school there. I loved the football team I got to work with on a daily they were amazing and reminded me of Joe in a way but not a way that made me sad, it made me happy to remember him in a small way. Joe ended up at LSU for his final years of school, I knew he was doing well there and I was proud of him. He worked hard to get where he is, and as much as I was still sad and angry with him for breaking my heart all those years ago I couldn't help but feel happy for Joe he had all he ever wanted.

I always wondered when I would see Joe again.

AN

Hey!

Ik this one was short but this is the last of the back story. We are actually going to be in present day next chapter sooo....yea anyways!

Sorry it's kinda sad and boring!