Chapter Three

Back Home 

~Baileys POV~

I graduated from university last week, my mom, dad, and brothers came to watch as well as Aunt Robin and Dan. The rest of the Burrow family couldn't make it unfortunately, joe was no surprise. The plan was I would move back in with my parents at the ranch in Ohio till I got a job with a media marketing team. I was in my apartment packing my stuff with my two best friends and roommates, Ella and Tea. I was sad to leave my girls here in Orogen but there would always be time for us to visit now without being in school, I was also excited to go back to the ranch, I have not been there since I was a sophomore in high school.

"Jez B how much stuff you got in this box?" Ella cried trying to move one of my boxes into the hallway.

"Oh my god Ella, here take this one instead." Tea hands her a smaller box with all my workout clothes.

"Sorry! It's all my books" I say laughing.

Ella just rolled her eyes and laughed as we continued to stack all my boxes in the hall preparing them to load into the back of the moving truck that would be taking all my stuff well I fly home. By the early morning, we finally managed to get the truck all packed up and ready to go for the long drive to Ohio.

The girls and I headed to breakfast for a last goodbye, on me of course because I could not have done this without them. The tears started to stream (clearly I was very tired). Ella laughed as I said goodbye to her and waved to Tea knowing she would see her later. Tea was my ride to the airport so she was my last goodbye to give.

"You excited to go home?" Tea asked as she turned onto the highway.

"Yea..." I said with an unbelievable tone.

"Come on B, I know you what's up?" Tea said as she looked at me with a serious tone.

"I'm worried T, What if I see him?! We have not talked since our second year of high school." I said in a panic.

I was nervous about running into Joe, Even if it's just in town. My mom told me how Joe is home living with his parents till he gets drafted to the NFL, whenever that is. Being in my hometown and the guy I used to love being there to is not what I need right now.

"Bailey Layton!" Tea says in a harsh tone.

"You do not need to be worrying about that, you have so many good things to look forward to." Tea states in a lighter tone than before.

Tea was right. There are many things I am looking forward to when I get home, I get to see my family, my brothers are in Ohio and the next state over, I get my truck back, and I get to see my horse and the dogs. I should stop worrying, I can just hide at the ranch I don't need to see Joe.

"You are right Tea," I say as I get out of the car, I meet Tea at the trunk of the car pulling out my bags that will get me through till the movers come with my other things.

I said my goodbyes to Tea sharing a hug with her. As I was walking into the airport I heard Tea hunk her car horn and smile, letting my travel home begin. I couldn't wait to see Max, he would be picking me up from the airport when I landed at home.

The flight was not the longest I have been on as it was 6 hours. I slept for a good 3 hours the other half I spent my time watching movies and reading my book. When I landed in Ohio at 8:00 pm I grabbed my stuff off the bag belt and headed for the exit, basically running for it at this point. I have not seen my brother in a year and I missed him so much. Max and I are close as he is the middle of the family and I am the youngest, we got along well as kids and still do.

As I went out into the airport lobby I saw a big poster all done up in my favourite colour saying welcome home. I shook my head, max was holding it high in his hand to the point it was covering his face, I dropped my bags and ran up to him with the biggest grin on my face...till it dropped and I hit the brakes.

Joe. I felt the colour durian from my face as we locked eyes, this was not what I expected.

"Hi," I said with a shaky breath, joe and I had not seen each other in years and now he's getting me from the airport!

"Hey Lay," he said calmly.

Lay. none has called me that in years but him. I stayed silent not knowing what to say next or what to do.

"I know you were expecting Max but I was in the city so I offered to your mom, if it means anything your mom said you would be good with it," Joe said trying to make the whole situation seem fine or normal.

"No no it's fine don't worry it's good to see you," I said as Joe opened his arms for a hug. I took the offer not wanting to be rude but let's just say the air is not clear with Joe and me. 

AN

Hey, y'all sorry the chapter took so long but here's an update!

The Beef is gonna clear over the next chapter.