𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

•••
Jack walks up to his younger sister and hugs her, "how was the flight?" he asks with concern for his sister. "Oh you know, it was okay me and Flynn were alright; right baby" said Nova as she smiled down at Flynn.

Nova looks towards Bailey and gives a smile before extending her arms out to hug the blonde. "How have you been Nova" asked Bailey. "I'm okay," says Nova as they break apart.

During their hug Jack had started to play with Flynn, he moved Flynn's stuffed doggy around as if it was walking and Flynn smiled at the kind gesture.

As Bailey moved down to say hello to her nephew, Nova started to gather her purse and carry-on bags, while Jack got 2 of the 3 suitcases and Bailey took the other.

They walked towards the car and Jack loaded up the trunk with their bags. Jack didn't have the special piece for Flynn's car seat so nova just held him still.

Nova had an appointment at a dealership tomorrow to get her car and so she can start working quickly.

Jack pulled up to a very nice apartment building in downtown Newark. Jack opened up the trunk and started to unload the bags while Nova grabbed her purse and Flynn.

Bailey helped with some of the bags, as they walked toward the elevator.

Once they reached the penthouse where Nova and Bailey stayed Jack left the first bags in the kitchen and started his descent down to grab the rest of them.

Nova really appreciated her brothers, especially Jack. No matter what situation she was in he always found a way to help. So when he offered to let her and Flynn stay with him for a little bit- free of charge she jumped at the opportunity.

Now she did want to pay Jack back though when she started working more and was able to rent her own apartment she would pay Jack back, but for now, she was his guest.

As Nova placed Flynn's carrier on the counter, she quickly moved the bags into what she was guessing was her room, but spoiler alert it wasn't her room.

She walked in on a male she didn't recognize lying on his bed scrolling on his phone, shirtless.

"Oh shit I'm so sorry I thought this was the guest room," she said quickly as she made her way out of his room quickly. God, she was stupid, this isn't her house she needs to learn how to knock. Imagine if it was Greyson she walked in on.

Just the thought of dealing with him in that situation sent a shiver down her spine.

During her little mind argument, she didn't realize the man had walked out of his room apologizing.

"Hey it's okay, I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself yet; I'm Nico, Nico Hischer." he stuck his hand out for her to shake.

Nova reluctantly shook his hand, not wanting to seem rude. "No no it was my fault, I didn't knock. It won't happen again, I promise" she said while looking down at her feet.

"No no it's okay" he spoke and smiled. "Would you like help bring your stuff to your room?" he offered

"Umm yes if you want, you don't have to," she said before walking down to the end of the hall toward her new room.

As she walked back into the kitchen she said Nico looking at Flynn. "Is he yours?" asked Nico emotionless. "Um yes, his name is Flynn" spoke Nova as she grabbed his bags and started to walk to her room alongside Nico.

"Your husband must be very lucky" he smiled at her. "Umm, I'm not married, and my ex; well he isn't a very good person so-" started Nova before she was cut off by Jack and Bailey walking in.

"Great I'm glad you met Nico, but me and Bailey have a reservation tonight so see you guys later," said Jack as he placed the last suitcase in the kitchen.

"Thanks, Jack" spoke Nova as she grabbed the last of her and Finn's things and made her way toward her room leaving Nico, Jack, and Bailey in the kitchen.

"Is she okay?" asked Nico "Yeah she's okay, she's just been through a lot this past year. So just when you're talking to her be careful of how you word your sentences." started Jack.

"Her ex really fucked her up," said Jack before opening the door for Bailey and walking out leaving Nico to stand alone with his thoughts.

•••

around 6 pm Nova made her way out into the living room with Flynn to put on some cartoons for him.

During this time it also started to become flynns dinner time. But as the pump was still packed, and she had yet to even unpack her purse she was just gonna let Flynn attach to her.

she forgot that Nico was still in the penthouse.

Nico walked out of his bedroom about to ask Nova if she was okay if he ordered pizza for the both of them tonight, but as he started to speak he noticed that she was only in a bra, and technically it was only halfway on.

Nico quickly stopped in his tracks and looked at her. Nova noticed and started to pull Flynn away and pull up her shirt.

Flynn though didn't really like that idea. "I'm so sorry Nico I totally forgot you were home" apologized Nova as she pulled her old hoodie back over her.

"No no your okay, my sister just had a baby I know how that's important for him," said Nico with a red face. "I just wanted to know what you were thinking for dinner?" he asked again

"umm I don't really know any places around here, so up to you honestly," said Nova as she placed Flynn into a blanket and wrapped him up like a burrito.

"My friend owns a restaurant downtown I can see if he can deliver here?." Nico offers "Oh okay yeah that would be great, what kinda of restaurant is it?" asked Nova as she walked towards the kitchen with Flynn in her arms.

"It's just Italian but it's one of the best Italian places in America," he says before laughing.

"Oh is that so" giggles Nova as she rocks Flynn to get him to settle.

"Yeah, I'll get his card and we can order," says Nico as as walks into his room to grab the business card.

•••
Thank you for reading
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Xoxo
Daddyjaden