Jealous Edgar x Reader

||Summary: Stupid Edgar gets jealous because his s/o won the Solo Showdown cuz he's a bitch.||

Warnings: None

Requested by: iidabashi

I'm not really good at writing but this is a good start to practice Tee hee

...

You stayed hidden on the tall grass to recover your health after you were attacked by Shelly's bullets, fortunately and surprisingly you survived. When she was out of ammo, this gave you the opportunity to escape.

You weren't good in Solo showdown, the reason why you survived is because you simply ran away from any brawler's encounter and dodge their bullets. Earlier this day, you played the Duo version with Edgar, but this made him annoyed when he found out that you chickened out during the whole game while he had to carry your team.

After losing the game together, frustrated, he said that you should get out of your comfort zone and try solo instead. For now, only two more brawlers left leaving you, Shelly, and some individual.

When your health reached to its peak, you suddenly heard a sheer screaming, you immediately recognized it was Shelly, she was out of the game.

Your anxiety increased as the green toxic gas was consuming your surroundings forcing you to get out of your hiding spot. Sucking in some air, you prepared yourself to jump out of the tall grass when you heard a familiar voice.

"Ugh, where are they?" they grumbled.

"Wait a minute, I recognize that voice..." you thought, cautiously walking out of your hiding spot and saw a familiar young man wearing darker clothing, you immediately recognized that it was Edgar who was wildly searching on the other side of the map, his back facing you, unaware that you were literally standing from behind.

This is it.

This is your opportunity to finally show him that you can win without his help. The times you've teamed with him, you managed to learn about Edgar's attacks, his range are short and needs to be closer to the enemy making him an easy prey for long range attacks, so this was a piece of cake.

Without making a sound, you aimed your shot at him, taking a mental note to be far away from him as possible. When Edgar was about to turn around, you sucked in air once again and threw you first attack on him.

"Aah! Hey!" He gasped, clutching his arm to where he was hit, his eyes move wildly around the place to search his attacker until his eyes locked with yours. His blood ran cold when he saw you standing boldly in front of him, he was too used in seeing you coward throughout the games and now you got him cornered.

Realization hits him as soon as you lifted your weapon to throw your next attack, Edgar quickly spotted a wall and immediately bolted to get cover.

Your nervousness took the better of you thinking that he'll use his super, you threw out all your attacks hitting him before he could reach thus eliminating him out of the game. You have won.

You ran towards him to help him get up; Edgar slapped your hand away from him. You flinched, not understanding why he was reacting this way.

"Leave me alone; I can do it myself." He barked, rising from the dusty ground abruptly.

"Edgar, I was just trying to help you..."

The look of anger on his face soon morphed into one of realization and then embarrassment, he was so focused in winning the game and he shouldn't let his anger overtake him and hearing the way your voice cracked made his heart sink.

"I... sorry, I shouldn't react this way, especially not to you." He muttered, turning to leave. Its was a bad habit of him in shooing people away and bottle up his feelings.

"No wait!" you plead.

Suddenly, you grabbed him by the wrist stopping from his tracks and looked at him with concern.

"Please don't go. Tell me why you are behaving like this..."

Edgar was stunned at this action for he did not expect you to touch him; he doesn't like when others touch him especially Collette but when it came to you it made his little shriveled heart skip a beat. His anxiety began to rise, he wanted to run away and die from embarrassment, but his legs wouldn't budge forcing him to stay with you.

Edgar let out a sigh of defeat and nods.

"Okay but promise me that you won't hate me after this."

You furrowed your brow at his commentary, you were puzzled on why you would hate him, slowly shaking your head, Edgar took a deep breath and looked at you directly in the eye.

"The reason why I was angry is because... I was jealous that you beat me. There, are you happy now?"

Edgar turned around crossing his arms, a pink hue appeared across his face. You blinked, not the kind of answer you were expected. Suddenly, the silence was interrupted by your laughter in which caused Edgar off guard. He looked at you with wide eyes as if you had grown an extra head.
"Hey, what's so funny about?"

"Haha, I'm sorry, its just- Pfft, I never thought you'd get angry at me just because I defeated you!" You laughed out loud, leaving you almost breathless, this made Edgar's face go profusely red. After taking a few breaths to calm your laughter and gave him a small smile.

"If I'm being honest, I thought you'd be proud of me for being able to play by my own, I never care about winning."

Edgar was out of words; his mind ran with different excuses but them of them were convincing. Realizing that he had forced you in getting out of your comfort zone just to show him that your capable in surviving had made him feel like a monster.

A small chuckle escaped from his lips and scratched the back of his neck embarrassed.

"Wow, now I feel like a bad person."

"Oh, don't be harsh with yourself," you scoffed, swaying your hand through the air, "I'm glad that you were able to talk about your feelings. Next time, can we play duo together?"

Edgar's eyes widen at the offer, for a moment he thought you would hate him when talking about his jealousy and leave. He was lost at his thought that he didn't hear you calling his name, he then blinked when you slide your hand pulling back to consciousness.

"Huh, oh I mean, sure whatever."

Edgar slowly smiled at the offer, realizing that despite his jealousy and harsh attitude, you still wanted to see him and play together.