Naturistic Civilization 🌿🏢

DogDay POV:

Me and CatNap wake up, looking around at the tall trees and piles of leaves around them.

"Y'know, I like being out in fresh air again... That was... A horrible life were living. Especially me being there for 17 years or so..." I say to CatNap. "I agree... They were... Horrible people, just wanting to make some money." CatNap says.

"Well, there's really nothing we could do now, except run away further and further from the factory, running from our doubts." I say, frowning, but happy that we got out of there.

"I was a complete psychopath to be honest... I'm not a psycho, but I might go crazy if I don't see real civilization again." CatNap laughs. {MAJOR REFERENCE TO NY FAVORITE ARTIST}

I laughed as well, as we both stood up at the same time.

"We should keep on going then... Try and find or smell anything like a city." I say, as I reach for CatNaps hand.

He grabs it, and we continue walking through the trees and branches that get in our way.

I hear CatNap begin to hum the Smiling Critters intro. "I forgot about that song." I laugh, and he smiles.

"It's hard to forget about something you were forced to do..." He says, smirking.

"You have a point..." I say, nodding.

We continue through, then suddenly, it starts to rain.

"Come on.... I forgot about the weather... The sun was always shining in PlayCare... But this is better." I say, smiling at the rain.

"Well, I would rather be soaking wet than be trampled by a ton of kids." He says, laughing.

I grab his hand again, and begin running and smiling, catching the raindrops in my mouth. "I miss this!" I say.

He laughs at my childish behavior. "Yeah, I think I left that behavior behind 12 years ago." CatNap smiles. "I'll never lose joy." I say, looking at him.

"I haven't lost that either." He says, smiling.

"Because I got you, you're all the joy I need." He says, kissing my cheek.

We walk and talk for a while, until I see something.

"Hey CatNap, look!" I say, pointing into the sky. It's a flock of birds, coming from what seems like a big city.

"Isn't that... Is that what I think it is?" CatNap asks me. "Yeah, if you're thinking a city, then you'd be right!" I say, smiling.

We run up to it, making sure that the road to the entrance is clear. We look at the sign. "Welcome to... Redstone City." I say, looking at it. "Hey... I've been here... A lot bigger than it was... But I guess we could always try something new." CatNap says.

"What have you been here for?" I ask him, "My brother won an award for a science fair... It was fun, seeing him smile, lifting up that first place trophy." He says. "Cool." I say, smiling.

We take each other's hands, and read another sign. "All beings are allowed!" It read. "Guess we can step foot in it then." I say, and CatNap nods. "This city has always been like that.

"Shoot, I just noticed... We left our clothes in the factory...  We probably look like some hobos..." I say, snickering at our beat up clothes.

"Don't worry, I got all of this." CatNap says, spreading all of the money from gambling with that 12-year-old.

"I still can't believe you did that." I say, laughing. "Hey, he shook on all of the bets, ain't my fault he sucked at predictions." CatNap says in his defense.

I shake my head, smiling.

"Well, I guess we should get started by buying some clothes." I say.

He nods in agreement.

We make our way acrossed the streets, watching out for cars and people.

We finally make it to, "Clothing General."

We walk inside, taking a look around. CatNap finds some black baggy jeans, the ones similar to the ones he already had before we left. I found some Cargos, my favorite type of pants, since their soft, silky, and baggy. We both buy a purple, and an orange hoodie.

We go into separate dressing rooms, after we've payed for these new clothes.

Once we walk out, a random dude walks up to us. "Hey there... I don't take kindly to critters... There's a ton of em' in this city, but a lot more humans." He says, while spitting out a loogie.

"Bitch, you better get yo cowboy ass outta here, you built like a Hill Billy McDonald's toy my boy, you got an extra chromosome on the back of you head stupid ass boy, dumb ass boy, you probably shout YEE HAW whenever the prostitute you payed 5 bucks for is riding yo dick, beer belly head ass boy." CatNap goes off on him.

The guy looks at him, feeling exposed. He walks away, "Yeah stupid ass, don't talk to us like that boy." CatNap says, not scared of nothing.

"Cat, you're gonna get us jumped." I say, looking at him, "Imma best their asses then, they all scared like that stupid ass guy." He says.

"Well, just be careful and don't mess with the wrong people... And please stop cussing..." I say, "I'm sorry... I'm just mad, that racist dude better mind his own crap." He says.

"It's not just that you're swearing.. it's also that I don't want people to recognize me... I kind of committed crimes here... I robbed a gas station here, and it seems like it's still here.... Even though when I did it, the cashier couldn't see my face, he could see I was an orange dog, and my voice would sound maybe a little deeper now, but still..." I say, looking at CatNap, and he nods.                       "I understand." He says, nodding.

"Well, then... here's Redstone City."