Problematic 🌻🪻

CatNap POV:

We walk through the city streets, looking for any sort of shelter we could use for the night. "There should be a nice hotel around here, ain't too expensive." DogDay suggests.

"Sure, we could try that out." I agree.

We continue walking, and we pass a couple of other critters in the place, them slightly eyeing us here and there.

"I think they know who we are..." DogDay says, "Yeah, hopefully it doesn't turn into a big problem." I follow.

"Well, we should get to this hotel, and quick, these people are starting to freak me out." I say, looking at the eyes.

"Wait..." I say, looking at a poster on a building. "WANTED: CATNAP AND DOGDAY FROM "SMILING CRITTERS" TV SHOW. CATNAP HAS BRIGHT PURPLE FUR, AND IS ABOUT 6'5. DOGDAY HAS BRIGHT ORANGE FUR AND IS ABOUT 5'9. IF YOU SPOT THEM, PLEASE REPORT TO "Smiling Critters™"

"Damn... DogDay, I don't think this city is for the likes of us." I say, pointing to the poster.

"Darn..." He says as we turn around.

Behind us, there is people surrounding us.

"Yeah... I think I agree." DogDay says, chuckling nervously.

I grab DogDay's arm and run with him into an alleyway.

People cut in front of us, and I look at storm pipe thingy. {I really don't know what it's called 😭😭😭}

I quickly lift DogDay up onto my back, and start climbing it. It's a lot harder when someone's on your back, but I don't think about that right now, I'm just trying to get us to safety.

We get on the roof, and we look around.

I see a dumpster, and jump off into the other half of the city. DogDay hesitates, but he eventually follows along.

We run as fast as we can, out of the city. We eventually make it out, no one else in sight.

"Well, there goes our plan... Where else are we gonna stay other than here?" Dogday asks. "I really have no idea... I don't think we can. But it's really the only shelter around this forest... Why is this built in the middle of a forest anyway? And why have I never asked that?

We look around, curious of our surroundings. "Welp... Guess we'll just... Sleep out here... Or... We can try and find some coverups." Dogday suggests.

"Yeah, but where are we gonna find those?" I ask him, "At nighttime, when no one is paying attention, we sneak in and go to the clothing store, find some masks, and book it outta there." He suggests to both of us.

"You know what, what do we have to lose?" I say, shrugging, and he nods, "Everything." He laughs, and I smile.

"You ain't wrong about that one..." I say, chuckling along with him.

"Well then, let's wait until night, and head in quickly and quietly." He says, and I agree.

(Five hours later)

We look around, making sure no one is looking at us.

He jog back into the city, knowing that there is a bounty on our heads. "Again, quick and quiet." I say, and DogDay nods.

We run to the clothing general, and we run inside. The shopkeeper just looks at us, and rolls their eyes, not caring about it.

We go to the mask section, and pick out two ski masks.

We quickly go up to the cashier. "You guys still got a chance at getting caught, so you might need to cover every part of your body." He says, chuckling.

We look at him, "Well at least you ain't gonna turn us in." DogDay says, "Yeah, well don't give me any good ideas." He says with a sarcastic tone. We don't know if he was being serious or not, so we just thank him, and buy some gloves along with the masks, and get outta there.

"Well then, I guess we won't be taking these off for eternity." DogDay says, and I laugh.

"Nope." I agree.

We run to the hotel, and pay for an unlimited stay, which costs about 30 bucks a night. "We gotta get some jobs so we can stay here..." I say, and DogDay nods as we go into the elevator.

We arrive at room 206, which is near the top, but there is a lot more to explore in this huge place.

We open the door and lock it behind us. "Let's get some rest, I'm tired." DogDay says, and I nod in agreement. "Yeah.... Yeah let's get some rest." I say, smiling.

We hop in bed, cuddling with each other.

"Let's hope tomorrow won't be as problematic." I say.

773 words
--- --- --- --- ---

Hey y'all, what's up? I haven't updated because of school ☹️. But I'm back 👍👍

Thank you guys for reading this! I hope you all have a fun Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday! Thanks once again, and as always, I'll see you next chapter!