Chapter 11: Atlas Falls

"Sir, they're on board." "Did the data give us anything?" "Yes. We believe the Federation missile program is being developed in a factory near the port of Rio." "That coastline is locked down by the Fed's 3rd fleet." "That's why we're headed south, to make a diversionary attack on their Atlas Platform, in the heart of the Drake Passage." "That's pretty far behind the line. What's the advantage of taking it now?" "The ATLAS provides enough fuel to keep the Fed running for years. And I don't want you to take the Atlas, I want you to sink it.

I'm with the buys under the water and it is freezing. Logan has a camera on the surface looking at the Federation. "Eyes coming up" Merrick says. "Last patrol is inbound." Hesh tells us. "Copy. Is that all of them?" Merrick askes Hesh. "Roger. It's a full house. See you topside." "Logan, pull the cam. Let's go." Logan pulls the cam. Then Merrick swims over to me and Logan. "Charges are set and everyone's home. Let's introduce ourselves. On you."

 Logan blows up the charges and we shoot the enemies that fall in the water. "We're clear. Let's move." Then we start swimming closer to the surface. "Drop your tanks and get topside!" Merrick says. Logans out of the water first, then I swim to the surface and Keegan helps me out of the water. "Come on! We need to get on that rig before they dig in. Drop them! Don't let them regroup!" 

Then we hurry and take the guys out before they can regroup. After we take them out, we move to a spot that we can rappel up to the Atlas. "Line out!" Then we shoot our rappels. "Keegan, Kick, you're on exfil duty." Keegan looks at me and I nod. "Copy. Moving up." Then Merrick says "You Walker kids are with me." 

Then we start rappelling up. Then Merrick goes over the mission. "Step one! Disable the pressure regulators! Step two! Overload the fire suppression and blow this thing sky high!" Hesh looks at Logan and I and I look at him confused. "Keegan! Right above you!" Hesh yells at him. "Get ready. Weapons free at the top." 

Once we get to the top we start shooting the enemy's. I come up behind an enemy and I push him to the ground and slit his throat. Then we start moving up the stairs and Merrick yells out. "They have the high ground. Our rounds will rip through that metal." Then we take out more of the enemies. After we take them out, we go up these stairs and we come up to a metal door. "Det tape" "Copy. Setting charges." 

Then Hesh starts setting the tape on the door. "Fire in the hole." "Kick, we're internal and movin' on the East side." "Check". Then we start moving up the stairs. "Pressure regulators are up ahead, let's move. Keep alert. Hesh, on my mark. Move. Check your corners." We start looking through the rooms and a guy comes out of one of the rooms with a shotgun. Without hesitating, I take out the guy and after I shoot him, I hear a lot of Fed voices in the next room. "Hallway clear. Let's move. Someone had to hear that." 

Then we move closer to the door. "Get a breacher on that door, Logan." Merrick says to Logan. After Logan, sets the charge and Merrick pushes him away from the door. Then the breacher blows up and we throw flash grenades to blind the Feds. Once we're in the room, we take out the enemies that are shooting at us. 

After we take them down, we come up to another door. "Pressure regulators are through here. Watch your fire. We need the foreman alive." Once Merrick kicks down the door, he quickly runs to the foreman and pins him on to the control panel. "What are you doing?!" The Fed soldier asked. "Quiet!" Then Merrick has the guy scan his hand so we can shut down the first pressure regulator. "Shut it down kid." 

Then a big red button pops out and Logan pushes it and I look outside and I see the pressure regulator not shooting fire out. "One more" I say to the boys. "Keegan. flare stack's off. Stay clear of the derrick. It's about to get nasty up here." "Roger that. We're clear. Merrick keep Y/N safe." Keegan says sounding worried. "Don't worry Keegan, she's in good hands." Merrick says to Keegan. "Alright, let's head topside. Stay frosty. Do not fire until my command." 

Then we walk up some more stairs. "Wait for it" Then we wait and we see a huge explosion that sends a shockwave knocking me onto Hesh. Hesh helps me up. "Get down! Weapons free! Go hot!"  Once we start shooting, we almost get pinned down because there are a lot of enemies blocking our way. 

Sometime after, we cleared the enemies and we keep pushing forward. "Merrick, we've secured a helo for exfil. Spooling up now." Kick says to Merrick. "Check. We're two mikes from the command room. Coming up on the north side." "We'll be waiting for ya." As we are running, I see a lot of fire near me and we start moving quicker. 

We come up to a door and two Fed soldiers come out of it, struggling to breathe. Merrick takes both of them out. "Keep low. The command center's through here." Once I get through the door, I crouch down so I don't have any smoke in my face. Then we Fed soldiers trying to take the fire out so we quickly take them out. 

Then we move upstairs and we make it outside. "Merrick, we're on station. Ready for targets." "Copy that. Just keep an eye on us." Merrick signals to them that there are enemies to our left. I see the helo that Keegan and Kick got and I smile at Keegan and he smiles at me." Command center is up ahead. Move it!" Then Kick shoots the guys that are trying to run away. Then we move up and we make it to the command center but we have to take out the enemies first. 

Once we take out the first half, we take out the guys that are on the MGs. Once we take the MGs down. Kick and Keegan are able to shoot the rest of the guys downs. Then we move up to the command platform. "Keegan, we're about to shut down the fire suppression. Logan, I'll over load the pumps, you maintain the water pressure."

 Then we get to the command platform. "Get that body off the console. Let's finish this" Hesh and I cover them. After they turn off the second pressure regulator. The whole building starts to shake. Then Merrick shouts out "Move it!" Then we start running as fast as we can. "Keegan, we're on our way to the pipe deck!" "Copy. We'll stay as low as we can." 

Once we make it outside I see that Kick is having a hard time keeping the helicopter low because of all of he explosions. "Shit! Keegan! Go! Go! Go! We've got to get off this thing!" Once we got closer to the edge we jumped for the ladder. Since I was the last one to jump off, I almost missed the ladder but luckily I didn't. 

Then we fly away as I watch the ATLAS explode and sink. Then we start climbing up the ladder, once I'm safe in the helo. Keegan comes over a gives me a big hug. "I'm glad you're ok." I hug him back and I go sit down in the helo and he sits next to me. I take off my Ghost mask so I can breathe. "That was intense boys!" I yell out and some of them laugh. Then I lean on Keegan so I can get a little bit of sleep before we get back to base.