The Hunt

Hello my lovely Skellies! It's been a long while since I've updated since I've been concerned about many things like bowling, school, etc. But I hope you can forgive me for my disappearance! I might not write as often since my parents really want me to focus on my school work so expect me to not update for about a week after this is published. I hope you enjoy this wonderful story! Peace out my Skellies! Just a BTW I don't own any of these pictures. They all belong to the rightful artists. ;3

-Octo-skelly52

"Hello and we are back again with a news report from the castle. Lately, the shortage of food has become much shorter than we calculated. More and more monsters..."

The News from the television played in the background as I tried to get some sleep from where I stayed. Keeping myself hidden from the rest of the outside world. I had cried myself to sleep six times in the past week and I was kind of used to it by now. However, I couldn't get myself to sleep and I was hungry. I hadn't left my spot underneath Sans' bed since that night. So I hadn't eaten any food for an entire week.

I was getting weaker and the progress that Sans and Papyrus had at nursing me back to health had ceased and gotten worse. But the thing keeping me from getting better was the image of Sans from that night carrying that body and it's eternally screaming face.

I was shaken to my core from that night so I was to scared to go out while they were both home.

I eventually sat up under the bed. It extremely dusty down there (and no, not monster dust, regular dust) and the bed sheets hung down so underneath the bed was covered. Other than the dust it was really just empty, nothing was down there other than me at the moment. 

I weakly crawled out from under the bed and scanned the room and hallway to see if Papyrus or Sans were there. My heart was beating extremely loudly to me but it calmed down when I didn't see anyone. I then began to walk to the kitchen to find something to eat since I was practically starving myself.

I started to climb up the counter only to fall and twist my ankle when I was halfway up. It hurt a lot.  I was gonna try and climb the counter again when I heard snoring coming from the living room. It made me freeze and immediately run to hide but as I was making it to a safe hiding spot I heard a noise from behind me. It sounded like a gasp.

Oh no...please don't have spotted me.

I slowly turned around only to be yoinked from the ground by two gloved hands.

"SANS! I FOUND THE HUMAN!"

Shit, oh no, no, no, no, no, no!

I quickly bit down on Papyrus' hand only to hear a yelp from him and for me to be flung in the air. I was terrified. This is how I died. I closed my eyes to feel the impact of my fragile and small body hit the ground at a high force but it never came. Instead, when I opened my eyes, I saw that I was surrounded by blue magic. This didn't help my fear of dying, it made it worse. I couldn't move as I was raised in the air by the magic and placed in a skeletal hand. One that I remember being covered and soaked in blood the last time I saw it. 

"Pumpkin?"

Sans' voice sounded worried and concerned. I didn't eve want to look up at him. He was too scary for me, especially after that night. 

"Is it really her?"

"YES SANS! IT IS HER. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG."

"Pumpkin? Are you okay?"

I didn't respond. I was terrified that they would hurt me so I stayed quiet.

"Pumpkin...please talk to me."