The Darkest Day

Small intro today. I want to get to the story quickly so you can all see what happens since I left y'all on a cliffhanger. I hope you enjoy! 

-Octo-skelly52

The light that lit up the Underground changed to a yellow-orange color as it grew closer to night time. A bell in the distance chimed. One, two, three, four, five times. It was a quiet day in New Home. Sure, a few monsters were bustling but they were trying to find a good place to watch. Watch what, you say? 

...

The fight...

Pov (Y/N)

I woke up slowly, unaware of my surroundings. I could feel something cold on my skin, not a soft pillow or the plush of Sans' shirt or sweater. It was solid, cold, and...threatening. My eyes opened slowly at the sound of a low grumble. I was on a metal floor, but why? Was I back in the birdcage? Did I do something wrong? 

Grrrr....

The low grumble again. I gently lifted myself from the ground and looked around. I was immediately met with a glowing yellow eye. Yep a single glowing, yellow eye. Not Sans' blood red, a large fish lady's yellow, piercing eye. I got scared and pushed myself to the back of the cage. The fish burst out in laughter, revealing extremely sharp teeth.

"Hahahahahahahah!"

Where was I? I looked around outside the cage. I was definitely not in Snowdin anymore. There was no snow on the ground and the temperature around me was lovely. It reminded me of spring back on the surface but the air and aura of the place was stiff and tense. It shouldn't be like this on a lovely day. 

Then I saw it. Sans and Papyrus heading my direction, or at least the fish's direction. They were both so gloomy looking. I grabbed the bars of the birdcage and reached a hand out to them.

"S-Sans! P-P-Papyrus!"

They both flinched at my voice. Both then looked more worried than before. Tears broke into the corner of my eyes as I tried to reach them like a child would. I was scared. I was in a new place, a person who I didn't know was holding me captive and the air was too stiff to be normal. 

Sans let out an audible sigh as he left Papyrus behind to approach the fish.

"We are here your Majesty. Ready for the duel."

Duel? What duel?

"S-Sans...?"

Sans peaked a glance at me before he turned his attention back top the Queen. 

I could see the guilt in his eyes.

"Very good. I'm sure you won't disappoint me."

The Queen spoke up with a absolute evil smile on her scaly face.

Sans glanced at me again before heading away from the Queen and toward Papyrus. Then, when Sans reached Papyrus they stood back to back, both letting out a heavy sigh before they started walking in the opposite direction of each other.

No...it can't be..

"Papyrus! Sans! No! Don't do it!"

I was too late. Sans and Papyrus began to duel it off together as soon as  they got far enough away from  each other. They were both using as much strength as they could against each other.  Why were they fighting? I don't want them to hurt each other. 

There were blasts from blasters, loud cracks as oversized bones were lodged into the pavements. I was scared and I didn't want to watch anymore. I turned away from the battle between the two skeletons. 

The battle went on for hours before the blasting and loud cracks stopped. 

I finally peaked back around to see Sans standing over Papyrus. Papyrus had his arm missing and a large crack in his skull. He was crying a lot. 

No...Sans no....

Sans sighed and killed off Papyrus. I watched tears rise in my eyes as Papyrus changed to dust.

"No!!!"

I yelled out to Sans.

The Queen clapped slowly.

"Good job Sans. You can take your human now and leave."

W-what? 

I looked up at Sans, who was now standing above me. He looked dead inside. His red eye was dimmer than it should have been. 

Sans grabbed the birdcage, opened it and harshly grabbed me and pulled me out of it.

I squeaked in pain in his tough grip. It hurt as many of my, supposed to be healed, wounds opened again. Sans walked back to Snowdin, not even taking glance at me as he gripped my small form. 

When he made it to his house he dropped me off on the couch and went up to his room. And when I mean he dropped me, he dropped me. He basically threw me on the couch. I didn't like this new Sans. I hated it in fact. Why did he kill his brother? What was the Queen talking about? Was it my fault?

It was my fault...wasn't it...

It's my fault...it's my fault Sans had to kill his brother...It's my fault that I was kidnapped...It's fault that Papyrus is dead now....why am I always in the way of everyone's lives?

I raised my arm up to my face before tearing off a piece of my skin. Back on the old habit. I laughed lightly at the pain as tears flowed out of my eyes. The pain felt exhilarating.  I tore another piece of my skin from my arm. 

It's my fault he's upset...

It's my fault everything is wrong...

It's all my fault...

Pov Sans

I just killed my brother, all for a small human in which I care for. Why would I choose them over Pap? Oh, I know...it's because I-

AHHHHHHHHH!

I heard a scream come form the living room.  I rushed to the stairs only to see the human on the couch bleeding with one of it's fingers completely gnawed off of their hand. 

Shit, shit, SHIT!

I rushed over to the human, immediately teleporting bandages into my hand. I wrapped the bandages around her hand as I picked up the small finger. I was shocked to see bite marks all over it.

"D-did you chew off your finger?"

I looked at the human and they looked away, holding their hand.

I sighed and placed a gentle kiss on their head. 

"Let's go to sleep. It's been a rough day for the both of us."

I gently lifted the human into my hand and headed up to my room to rest. I felt my sins crawl along my back as I passed Paps room. Why did it have to be this way? Why couldn't I have kept both Papyrus and Pumpkin?

Woho! New chapter complete! And I created a new story! If you want to check it out you can go ahead and head to my profile or search up Error! Sans x Cheerful and Positive Reader. Thanks for reading, and sticking around! Have a lovely time!

- Octo-skelly52