Chapter 2 - 윤정한

Death Day - 04.10.2017

Yoon Jeonghan, my bench neighbor at school and the guy who made me realize that I got a second chance at life.

Back then, I didn't know I had a previous life.

I had forgotten about Seungcheol and what had happened to me.

In my household, I lived alone with an abusive father.

The pain he inflicted on me mentally and physically was enough to make me forget about Seungcheol and my first life.

But Yoon Jeonghan showed me how to live. And for that I am forever grateful to him.

At the beginning, he didn't realize what was going on in my private life, which is why he constantly insisted on doing things with me outside of school, making and meeting new friends.

He realized that I was an outsider at school and decided to help me.

He didn't have a group of friends himself, but he got on with everyone because of his open nature.

The first time he asked me to go out for ice cream with him after school, I refused. But Jeonghan didn't give up and asked me every day with the same cute smile on his face.

At some point, I gave in and went on a little date with him.

He gradually pulled me out of my toxic household.

Trough him, I was reminded what it meant to be loved and live freely without worrying about the future.

His facial features, his smile and the way he took care of me reminded me of Seungcheol.

I didn't realize who Seungcheol was at that time, but I knew I was missing him.

Jeonghan, my best friend, spent the next few years with me until I turned seventeen. By now, he also knew about my situation.

He was convinced that I had to move out or go to the police.

I had been fighting with my father my whole life, so I could endure another year, right?

Yoon Jeonghan wouldn't interfere if I showed up at school with injuries all over my face, would he?

At seventeen, you don't know what lies in the future and how much other people would want to take you under their wing.

At seventeen, I didn't know what was going to happen on 10.04.2017, who was going to stand up for me and who was going to get hurt because of me.

I didn't know that my father would kill my best friend for seeking him out.

I didn't know that my best friend would sacrifice himself for me by informing the police about my situation.

And I didn't know that I would take my own life that very day because of the guilt and grief.

Yoon Jeonghan, thank you for fighting for me when I couldn't do it myself.