Chapter 6 - 전원우

Death Day - 17.07.2092

He was something special.

The smartest student in our region, the best-looking boy in school and my friend.

Jeon Wonwoo.

We grew up together in Changwon, went to the same kindergarten, elementary school and high school.

We were an extraordinary couple.

I wanted to try something different in this life.

So I decided to be a bit of a troublemaker right from the start.

I knew how it would end anyway, so I didn't bother with school and just got on with it.

I liked getting into trouble with strangers twice my age and size and often had to deal with the police.

But it was fun not having to put up with anything from anyone, because I knew that I would wake up in a different body at some point anyway.

Fortunately, I had someone to sort everything out for me.

Wonwoo was someone who was only interested in himself.

He grew up in a strict household where grades and the environment were the most important things, which was also the reason for his good grades.

In elementary school, I defended him to the other kids because they laughed at him spending so much time studying.

Since then, he stayed by my side as a thank you and held me back when I was looking for trouble again.

Wonwoo forced me to help him study from time to time.

He always said it would help him become smarter, but I knew he was secretly trying to help me.

So all those years passed until we were able to enrol at the same university.

However I managed to get in with my poor grades.

When the girls at our university started falling for him, he asked me to be his fake girlfriend so that the others would leave him alone.

I suggested we become a real couple and break up after we graduated.

To be honest, I only did it because the boys stayed away from me because of my nature and I didn't want to die a virgin.  I thought that if they saw that another man was interested in me, maybe they would become interested too.

Eventually it clicked with wonwoo though, when we were forced to prove our relationship by kissing in front of the other students.

He refused to break up with me after university.

As I wasn't very interested in another guy, I accepted it and we became a real couple.

Today I'm very glad I didn't break up with him back then.

We got married before we turned 30.

After our first child, he changed.

Suddenly he was no longer the arrogant boy who wouldn't let anyone get close to him.

He became a loving family man, running around the apartment screaming with his kids.

He loved to take our boys out in his free time, whether it was just to the playground or even to a water park in the next town.

I was never as happy in any of my previous lives as I was in this one.

I was all the sadder when I realized on the day of my death that I would not find my family again in my next life.

I will be a completely new person with a new life, it will be impossible to find Wonwoo or any of our three boys again.

It will be as if they all never existed.

Wonwoo, thank you for enriching my life for almost ninety years and for giving me three wonderful children who all take after you.