[ 018 ] agonising cries.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER EIGHTEEN !

HEARING DAMAGETEEN NOLA - CHAPTER EIGHTEEN !

THE AIR AROUND THEM was thick. Their breathing was haggard, leaving their mouths in hoarse pants as they hurriedly trekked their way back to the cabin. Aches of pain attacked at the muscles of their legs as they walked faster than they had ever done before in their entire life. Van was in need of serious medical attention leaving the group no other option but to turn back and begin for the cabin.

The entire right side of the Palmer girl's face was ripped open, tore apart by the sharp and vicious teeth of the ravenous wolves. Now, as they hauled her back to the cabin and as she drifted continuously in and out of consciousness, the loose and bloodied flesh was held weakly by a piece of fabric tied around her face.

Taissa was struggling as she carried the redhead forward, her breathing heavy and her voice cracking while she spoke. "Just put one foot in front of the other." She instructed the Palmer girl. She needed to keep Van awake, couldn't let her pass out and potentially slip away for good.

In her own stubborn attempt to right her own wrongs, she had also refused to allow anyone else to help her in carrying Van. As if she was punishing herself for disregarding Van's feelings the day before, Taissa had now barely all the weight, took on sole responsibility of keeping Van alive and moving.

            Van was trying. She really was, but it was hard. She could barely catch her breath, blood was obscuring her eyesight making everything blurry and tinted red. The worst pain imaginable was coursing violently throughout her entire body. The entire right side of her face was tore open with only little fabric to keep it from slipping free and revealing just how deep into her cheek it went. Blisters from the fire had formed upon the skin of her legs, each and every one of them rubbing uncomfortably and painfully against the fabric of her pants.

She was well and truly on deaths door.

            Despite having been at the front of the group, leading the rest back the way they came, Misty quickly spun around and began rattling off all of her thoughts to Taissa. "When we get back, we're gonna need sterile water and thread to stitch up her face."

"L-leave me."

Her voice was barely audible but it was more than loud enough for all of the girls to know exactly what she had said and feel immense sympathy for the Palmer girl. No one deserved the shit she was going through, least of all Van.

Taissa shook her head instantly. "Van, stop it." She barked at the girl.

            Despite the agony she was enduring, Van couldn't handle the thought of the others getting attacked as well. If they were to get surrounded by the wolves once again, it would be because they had to stay with her, moving at a snails pace to get her back to the cabin, putting themselves at risk for her.