CHAPTER TWO

PART - 1: THE FIRE BEGINS

Chapter - 2

Mian

When Vivian Blackwater, another pigeon of CIA - specialised in intelligence and rather poor at defence, kept a rough file of Stephen Pedro on the clean bench of Watsroe, Camille had asked, "What now?"

"A serial-pedophile. Stephen Pedro."

"And?"

"And a red mark in our society", Blackwater had laughed uncomfortably while running a hand through his hair. "Also, the report is incomplete. This is a just mere collection of available information. The rest is your business. It has missing timelines, insufficient evidences and absolute unreliable sources."

He had smiled once more.

Camille Chauv had sighed. "Poor us."

"Are you poor?"

Camille had glared at him and though her height was characteristically a big mismatch with his, yet her bold eyes were enough to back him off.

She was short but tall as compared to other females and had an excellent feminine voice that could shut people up within jiffies. Her raven fauxhawk hair was trimmed to her side abusively, that blended well with the scar tracing her neckline. She had a single piercing on her lips and except that, she was a woman with handsome biceps and very little breasts. She was 26 years old and was more fit than a man of the same age to climb buildings without support. She had always been a heinous spy; a woman worth killing.

"Payment?", she had asked.

"Depends on the evidences you present us. Rich evidence, rich you", he had smiled one last time before swiping off from the scene.

Mian didn't like Vivian Blackwater. He would never become an ally, he thought.

The next few weeks were the beginning of the nuisance which collectively turned out into a disaster.

They had been excellently collecting evidences of transaction papers and other offhandedly signed black notes under the nose of Stephen Pedro and had projectiled them into virtual copies. Everything had piled up well enough until Jude disturbed the Jenga.

The Crytos needed just one more severe evidence to close Pedro's rapid file. The banking transaction of exactly $897,000,000 from a bank of West Nakdia to New Hadter. It was the cost that he was paid by Mark Stylan, an international mafia for his share of the human-trafficking trade.

But who knew where, when and from which account?

The answer was not to be scrutinized by the security guards of Pedrian Inc. and walk straight to Stephen Pedro in his office and ask him. "Where is the money, idiot?"

The Crytos had planned the same but instead of asking Stephen, Jude was supposed to wander in the corridors of the company and Mian to search every dust that piled over it.

The anecdotal scene was crookedly jeopardized.

Mian and Jude had dressed to camouflage the workers with the necessary gloves and company caps. A nylon green shirt with a stitched icon of the P of Pedrian Inc.. Mian had been equipped with a head torch.

They had silently broken into the basement by following a company car and had trickled into the 9th floor like smoke. Easy.

They knew the area that needed searching; the office of Stephen Pedro and as it was nearly two in the morning, Pedro had long ran off for a day's end. The floor was dark and easy to hide into. That was the big mistake. Because the CCTV monitors had silently been following them. Like the spirit-catcher.