THIRTY-FIVE: His Departure and Her Pain

Kawaii-Chan's POV:

"I kept everything of yours. All your journals and sketchbooks" Kia said as she started pulling crates out, I smiled at her and walked over helping her out.

She thanked me and pulled the lid open and started pulling out a few things I never thought I'd see again, I looked into the crate and seen every journal and sketchbook I had ever written or drawn in.

She had truly kept everything, I listened to her as she continued talking about everything that she had kept and what she usually does whenever she wants to feel close to me.

Picking up a few journals and sketchbooks, I started flipping through them before stopping at one of the pages and I realized it was drawing of Zane I had did when he was here.

I remember him being here now because I was nervous around him and used to avoid him, I wonder how I never realized it was him though he has changed in the decade of me knowing him.

Flipping through the sketchbook, I seen that I had drawn him a lot more than I remember doing and I'm pretty sure than I intended too but I just couldn't help it.

"Where have you been staying Nana?" Looking over at Kia, I smiled at her and sat down on the ground across from her.

"I used to stay between O'Khasis and Scaleswind for a time before moving to Phoenix Drop. Phoenix Drop is the village Aphmau is the Lord of currently, I've been there for over a year" I answered.

We all have been here for a few days but Aphmau, Garroth, and Laurance are planning to return to the Ru'an Region and to Phoenix Drop as everyone is returning there.

"Will you stay here Nana? With me?" Kia asked, I stared at her for a moment and I could see the pleading look on her face for me to stay, I just got my sister back.

How can I leave her again?

Suddenly I found myself nodding my head, she squealed excitedly and jumped towards me wrapping her arms tightly around my neck as I hugged her back realizing what I had just done.

How am I supposed to tell Zane I'm not going back with him?

Taking a deep breath, I just hugged Kia for a moment before she pulled away and ran out to tell mother that I'd be staying in Tu'la with her, I nodded my head.

I still was technically High Lord of Tu'la but I could never be High Lord of Tu'la, I don't deserve to run Tu'la because I had been gone for so long so I couldn't do that.

Pushing myself up off the ground, the journals and sketchbooks on my lap slipped off as I walked towards the door my mind racing a mile a minute as I thought about what to do.

It's not just Zane either, how can I just disappear from Malahci and Levin's life like I never existed, I couldn't do that to them because they had become my family.

But by going back to the Ru'an Region, I'd be leaving Kia, my mother, my siblings, and Seze back in Tu'la because I could never take Seze from her siblings.

Walking down the hallway, I heard a few people greet me as High Lord but I just nodded my head and continued on walking down the hallway towards the dining room where I knew everyone would be.

It felt like forever before I reached the dining room and pushed the door open, I looked up to see everyone turn to look at me and smiled at me but I couldn't smile back.

"Can I speak to you Zane?" I asked, he nodded his head.

"Of course Nana" He stood up and walked towards me, I waited patiently until he reached me and turned around walking out of the dining room to give each other some space from other people.