Chapter 1 - Deep down

New project.

This is the spin-off of Fish in the Sky. It's the story of Pii's first love interest, Mueang Nan (played by Mix in the series), and his half-brother Nuea Nakin.

The original novel is off the market, I was lucky enough to purchase it right before they took it off the market.

Let's see how long it lasts. Download it before it gets taken down. Just saying.

###

Chapter 1 - Deep down

Even in a person's exhausted heart, love is still floating everywhere.

"Nan, please come in. He wants to see you."

The sentence uttered by someone made the small, brown-haired owner of the house swallow a big chunk of saliva down his throat. The small hands were wet with sweat, his blue sapphire eyes shivered with anxiety. Every step he took felt like a tight grip that made his heart feel like it was going to stop beating any time soon.

'Muangnan' stopped next to the white bed, where a body was lying. His legs almost failed him when he saw that body with his very own eyes. It wasn't the first time that he had met him but it might have been the last one.

Because in his heart he only wanted... for that day to be the last one, as everyone kept repeating.

"Nuea", his sweet voice called the name of the person resting on the bed. He was trying to restrain his tears as best as he could but it was too difficult. Eventually, he let them roll down seamlessly.

Compassionate.

Yes! He was crying because he took too much pity on that person.

He had never called that person "phi" despite their four year gap.

The body on the bed opened his drowsy eyes. His nose was bound by a breathing aid machine which moved up and down rhythmically. No hair was left atop of his handsome face. His body had deteriorated and had to be unbearably hurting after going through treatment for a while.

Cancer.

'Nuea Nakin' suffered from cancer.

Muangnan wasn't sad, because sadness would only make him et go of a life of "hatred". To put it bluntly, he had hated 'Nuea', his older brother from a different mother, since he could remember.

They had the same father but the string that bound them together didn't make him love his brother in the least. Nuea Nakin's mother was just a mistress who destroyed his parent's marriage and his family when she got pregnant. Even though his mother and older sister didn't feel bothered, nobody could say that they were happy until this day came...

The day when the mother and son couple would disappear from his life.

Disappear... and he would receive a lot more of his fatherly love.

But for Nuea, he hated immensely the illness he was facing not because it made his body sore and weak, but because it was separating him from one person, despite his smooth life inside the university's border, despite his dream of being accepted by his younger brother, Muangnan, and being able to 'love' the way he wanted.

Love... it didn't matter in what form. Their relationship had never had a name to begin with and it was still the same to this day. He wasn't his 'elder brother' because the he wouldn't acknowledge him that way. They weren't friends. They were nothing. But he wanted to be just someone who could stand beside that little boy every day.

"Nan... come here", the low voice said, gasping as if completely out of strength. Still, he forced himself to speak with the person in front of him.

Before he had no other chance.