Chapter Two

Childhood is scary
^^^^^^^^^^^^
A woman with (hair colour) and (eye colour/s) was screeching at the top of her lungs on a windy (birthday date) in the labour and delivery room, this was not her first child, due to the two older children, a girl and a boy, sitting in chairs beside her. These people were well-known ability users. Forty year old (L/N) Ayumi, her ability was teleporting. Sixteen year old (L/N) Watoshi, an electricity user. Fourteen year old (L/N) Eiyo, a puppet ability user.

All of these people gave off a mysterious aura, they only seemed to care for each other. "Mama, are you okay? Your illness isn't acting up, is it?" Eiyo asked, her eyes filled with concern. "I-I'm just fine, Ei, I'll be okay."

A few hours later, Ayumi was holding her newborn daughter, (Y/N). Ayumi was recently diagnosed with a rare condition which cannot be treated, she would occasionally have spells of fatigue or other symptoms. She knew, despite wanting a big family, she would only have three children. Of course, she was happily a mother, yet she felt guilty she would leave a new born so soon, she knew how long she had left in her life. 'Two to three months..forgive me for being selfish (Y/N), selfish for giving birth to you, despite knowing I won't see you grow up..'

Three months later, (L/N) Ayumi, died peacefully in her sleep, with a smile. The family shut themselves out and away from the public eyes after the funeral. (L/N) Mayoshi, the father of three and husband of Ayumi, turned to alcohol and violence. He directed his anger towards the three month old, blaming her for the worsening condition the pregnancy gave his wife.

Naturally, Eiyo and Watoshi protected their younger sister. Not wanting to see any harm affect (Y/N), a mini version of her mother. "It's okay, little sister..we will protect you no matter what! Us, your sister and brother! Even with our own lives."

Fortunately, the father's violence decreased significantly over time and it never got to the point where the children's lives were endangered. Until, at least, the fifth anniversary of his wife's death. It's unknown what happened but it's thought that in a state of drunkenness and anger, he attacked (Y/N), ultimately causing Eiyo and Watoshi's deaths. Without thinking, he used his ability on (Y/N) 'Life or death' which allowed him to bring someone back to life or kill them. He didn't use his ability on his wife as she explicitly stated she did not want to be brought back. However, unexpectedly, the five year olds siblings jumped in the way. Causing their deaths. Eiyo died almost instantly, Watoshi managed to survive long enough to knock his father out with electric shocks.

"Older brother....? Elder sister...? Wake..wake up! I'm begging you! Don't leave me alone! Please, Sister..brother.." (Y/N) let out a screech, one that could burst eardrums, filled with sorrow and pain.

Mayoshi woke up the next day, not remembering what happened. Only when he saw his eldest children's bodies did he piece together what happened and what he did. So all over again, turned to alcohol. Not so much violence, sometimes here and there he'd have a rage of violence.

Fast forward a few years later, (Y/N) was ten, her father still as bad as ever. He would often argue with (Y/N), who at this point, was being trained to master her ability and have control over it, her ability, "The Demon Queen is back", allows her to transform herself into either the height of a small child or the height of an adult. When she uses the adult version, she grows in size and gains a horn and it seems as though she loses her control of her humanity somewhat, not very common but it has happened. She's also able, however it's rare she needs to use it, to control her blood by making her blood 'explode'. She's also able to regenerate her limbs and body parts, no matter how injured.

One night, in a phase of drunken rage after an argument with her, Mayoshi attacked (Y/N), out of pure instincts, the young girl activated her ability and fought back. She, unfortunately or fortunately, ended up killing her father.

"Huh? I guess it's my time, (Y/N), maybe it's for the best. God knows I became a terrible person..maybe this is my karma? I killed my other two children, turned to alcohol and fighting after your mother died too.." his eyes began watering and slowly started to close. "Do..do me a favour (Y/N), whatever you do, detective..mafia, heck maybe you life a normal life, just become strong. Live your life the best possible way."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(Y/N) woke up in cold sweat. "What the..it's been so long since I've had that nightmare too..whatever."

Turning over in the bed to face the clock, it read twenty past five in the morning. 'Whatever, might as well get up now.' So, she got up, heading towards the bathroom yawning.

The hot water was scorching hot, but she liked it like that. It woke her up for the day, god only knows the next time she would be able to get sleep. Sleep was rare in the mafia, after all.

Stepping out of the shower, she wrapped her towel around her body as she began washing her face. Leaving the bathroom, she glanced at the time. 'It's only six? I still have over an hour to get ready before breakfast.'

She got dressed in the clothes that she classified as her work clothes, a skirt, crop top jumper and a pair of high heels, while it seemed to everyone else that it would be impossible to kill, stealth or fight in high heels, she managed, she was used to it, after all.

She put her gloves on carefully, they were (favourite colour) and they were fingerless gloves, they were a gift from the person who brought her to the mafia, the executive Kouyou. They met when they were seventeen and twelve.

Deciding it was appropriate to begin heading down to breakfast, that is what (Y/N) did.