Chapter Seven: An Unexpected Field Trip

Notes: New people from 1-H are introduced! Here are their little profiles:

Shuttou Mika
Quirk: Twin Telepathy - She can telepathically communicate with her identical twin sister Hina and borrow her stamina if needed
Physical description: Shoulder-length black hair with bangs, dark-colored eyes, she and Hina are the third shortest in the class (beaten by Hatsume and Izuku). She is mute.

Shuttou Hina
Quirk: Twin Telepathy - She can telepathically communicate with her identical twin sister Mika and borrow her stamina if needed
Physical description: Shoulder-length black hair with bangs, dark-colored eyes, she and Mika are the third shortest in the class (beaten by Hatsume and Izuku).

Warnings: bullying, anxiety, a couple of near panic attacks

---

On Wednesday, when Midoriya made his way to the clearing, he was surprised to find not just Midnight but Aizawa and Power Loader there as well. He approached tentatively, watching how they spoke to each other in hushed voices as they awaited his arrival. He wondered if so many of them being here was some kind of security thing after what had happened yesterday with the news reporters at the gate, but that didn't make sense. Aizawa, predictably, was the first to notice him between the trees, forcing Izuku to step the rest of the way into the clearing.

"Good morning," Izuku said slowly, waiting for them to tell him what was going on.

"You can relax, I'm only here to observe," Power Loader informed him. "Aizawa insisted," he added somewhat bitterly.

"Right," Izuku looked to his mentor for a moment until it became clear that he wasn't intending to elaborate.

"Just do what you normally do," was all he offered.

So Izuku did just that. He dropped his bag at the treeline and approached Midnight, who led him through a few stretches and yoga poses before she tossed him the model of his staff from the exam. She picked up her own, more traditional staff and didn't wait a single second to begin their spar. Izuku didn't draw the blades but didn't hold back either.

Somehow, fighting like this always managed to take him out of his head and fill him with calm that he couldn't achieve anywhere else. He could see Power Loader and Aizawa watching them out of the corner of his eye and tracked them as they circled the fight, but his heart was steady, and his sweat was from exertion only. Their whispers didn't touch him, and he used the staff to push himself back to his feet quickly when Midnight managed to trip him up. He only ended up winning three out of nine matches, but that was no worse than normal.

He realized about halfway through their cooldown that training was ending ten minutes earlier than it was meant to. Izuku decided to talk to Aizawa about adjusting the schedule accordingly once he was done. There was no need for them to come to work earlier than they needed to now that his classes started at the same time as theirs.

Izuku stood at the same time as Midnight and turned to Aizawa. He hardly had the chance to open his mouth before Power Loader started talking, "I'm going to send you and Shuttou Mika with Aizawa today. 1-A is headed to the USJ, and I want you to observe. Think about if it's really something you want to do. Shuttou will keep an eye on you and report back to me through her sister."

The Shuttou twins had a fascinating quirk, in Izuku's opinion. It was called Twin Telepathy and allowed them to mentally communicate and draw on each other's strength and energy. He was a bit surprised that Power Loader was sending along Mika rather than Hina. Hina was usually the one who spoke up the most, as if she bore the voice and thoughts of both girls. Mika was quiet, so Izuku didn't really know how to interact with her.