𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Flashback
Omniscient

So eager to finally move away and start her career, Erica had packed her life up. Only one thing left to do was drop off a letter to a special someone. She would've did it in person or through the phone but she was afraid she would choke on her words. She drove to her lovers house and dropped the note in her mailbox.

After not hearing from Kierra for a day, she grew worried. She started to call constantly even calling Karen, Kierra's mom and still no answer. Erica had called almost every person who was close to Kierra and if they answered, they would say "I'll have her give you a call" and that was never true. Overtime, Erica lived with the fact that maybe Kierra didn't feel the same. She was no longer stuck on her. Living her best life as a therapist, her dream job.

Meanwhile, the day Kierra read that letter she broke down as she read it.

Dear Ki
           I love you and I always have. I know I should have told you in person but I was scared. I want us to be more than friends. I know I'm moving but when the time is right, I'll come back for you. Until then I will show my faithfulness hourssss away. You're everything to me Ki mama. I love you more than words can fathom.
                                                     Love, Your Eri pooh

She couldn't handle this. She had just found out she was pregnant out of wedlock. Her parents definitely made it clear that they still loved her and would support her every step of the way. She just made a huge mistake letting her ex trick her into lust. After finding out Ki was now carrying their baby, he wanted nothing to do with her or the unborn child. She knew deep down that she had feelings for Erica, no doubt. The only person she had told was her best friend Shamika. Kierra would have told Erica her feelings but fear of being judged by the church and family was eating her alive. Her mom and aunties were huge gospel stars. Her father was a Bishop. She just wanted to disappear from the ways of the world. But she was going to say strong for her child.

To be continued...