iii.

"Shit, we have to get Thalia, Annabeth, and Grover!" Cassia looked around frantically

"Shit, we have to get Thalia, Annabeth, and Grover!" Cassia looked around frantically. "Where'd they go? I can't see them!"

She went to move but was stopped short due to Percy pulling her towards the door by her arm. He took out Riptide (in pen form), and Cassia was forced to unclip her dragonfly pin.

The hallway was dark, something that the brunette wasn't a fan of, however she felt a small bit better because of the light her sword gave, and also because she wasn't alone and Percy was next to her.

The son of Poseidon uncapped Riptide and it grew into the bronze Greek sword, it's golden light mixing with the light glowing from Cassia's celestial bronze sword Dream Eater, that grew from the hairpin.

They jogged down the hall, but found that no one was there at the end. Percy opened a door and found him and Cassia back at the main entry hall. Dr. Thorn was no where to be seen, but at the wall opposite to the two were the di Angelo kids. They stood frozen in horror, staring right at the two.

Percy advanced slowly, lowering the tip of his sword. "It's okay. We're not going to hurt you."

The daughter of Hypnos whistled and was comforted by the familiar bark that echoed from a nearby shadow. Roy bounded forward, circling the girl's feet in happiness as he wagged his tail. Still, Dr. Thorn was no where in sight. Maybe he dipped when he sensed Riptide and Dream Eater. Monsters hated celestial bronze weapons.

"My name's Percy," Cassia's friend? Acquaintance? Whatever he was, said. "This is Cassia, and that's Roy. We're gonna take you out of here, get you somewhere safe."

Cassia heard a low growl come from the hellhound next to her, and she didn't have to be Athena-kid smart to know what that meant. It would seem Bianca knew too, because her eyes widened and her fists clenched. She wasn't scared of them. She was trying to warn them.

Percy whirled around, and something whisked by him, sending him backwards and slamming him to the wall. Cassia and Roy quickly faced the direction where Bianca was looking and found Dr. Thorn in all of his evil glory.

"Yes, Perseus Jackson," he said. "I know who you and Cassiopeia Gilmore are."

The brunette felt her cheeks turn red at the mention of her full name, partially because she hadn't heard it in so long and because no one ever called her that, they always called her 'Cassia.' Roy stood protectively in front of them as Dr. Thorn fully walked out and into the dim light. He looked the same, however his face was ghoulish.

"Thank you for coming out of the gym," he said. "I hate middle school dances."

"If it makes you feel any better, I've never been to one before." Cassia pointed out. She felt Percy closer to her as she took two steps backwards, and saw him swing his sword from out of the corner of her eye.