Chapter Three

Zach's Point of View

It was amazing seeing her again, she is such a beautiful girl and I always regrated pushing her away, but I was trying to protect her from the life that I was living at the time. It was so much fun spending time with her, taking her out to dinner and then fucking her afterwords. I haven't seen her face to face since last year when she came out to visit Bryan for a week, though she didn't spend any time with me. Whenever Bryan left our apartment without her, she would either go for a walk, go shopping or lock herself in our guest room. 

To see her today and know that he isn't just visiting her brother but moving just down the road makes me worry about her because now she is so close to us and I have already hurt her, I don't want anything happening to her all again, so I made a promise to myself that I would protect her with my life. So, when Bryan called me and said that he was going to be home late and not to worry because him and Lexi were probably going to just order something I didn't like the sound of that because I knew how she was with food, she would only eat certain things and it defiantly couldn't be fast food because she always got sick because of the grease. So, I ordered from her favorite place, called Bryan and told him that we needed to talk about a client of ours, and that picking up dinner would be the best way to kill two birds with one stone. 

Once Bryan and I were back in my car we discussed our company, and a client that want to hire us and what I believed should be in the contract. "Well, if this is what they are looking for I will get Jessica to write up a contract." Bryan said making me smirk, "How is Jessie doing? You've taken her out on a few dates, but I haven't been introduced to her yet. And, that kind of hurts, I mean I am your best friend." I say making him turn to me in his seat. "Ok, if you want to play that game, the last girl that made you laugh and happy was at your brother's birthday. I heard him complain about how he could hear you fucking the life out of her every day for almost a week, and at that time you were also the happiest I've ever seen you, but you never introduced her to me and ever since then you really haven't committed to a woman. And now you definitely don't get satisfied enough by any that you bring back to the apartment. Plus, when you were hooking up with that girl, she was leaving marks all over you, now you bitch if a girl so much as leaves a little scratch on you" Bryan commented. "You know what you're right, I fell for this girl but at that time if you remember I was tied up with some very dangerous people and I didn't want them to see her as my weakness." I told him knowing that knowing that he would understand where I was coming from, so after that our conversation died, luckily, we already picked up the dinner and was on our way back to Alexis's house and it was only a five-minute drive after our conversation.

We walked into her apartment, and it was small but for her I knew that this was going to be enough, I looked to the left and saw an open coat closet, so I put my jacket up in there and smiled at the smell of warm vanilla and lavender, the scent that seemed to surround her. I also took off my shoes and set them on the shoe rack that was sitting right next to the door, it made me smile knowing that even though she may be tired from her long drive she took so much time to get everything in the right place and that she was getting her area, her new apartment to feel like a place that she would love beyond anything else. The pictures of her and her brother, her graduation pictures, her diploma, cap and gown in a picture frame, artwork that she created, movie and music posters, and vinyl of her favorite musicians littered the wall. She also had the old couch from our apartment that I convinced Bryan to give to her saying that it was old and worn out and that we needed a new one anyway, I knew that when she stayed with us that was one of her favorite places to sit and read her books. Looking around I noticed that her dining room table wasn't in the room, I will take her to get it in the morning to get a new one. I set the food and two bottles of Alexis's favorite wine on the coffee table where I guessed that we would eat seeing as she didn't have a dining room table set up yet.