fallout

"Ch-pa?"

"-hapa? Can you hear me?"

"Chapa!"

Chapa jolted awake with a gasp. She blinked a few times to get rid of her blurred vision, allowing her to gain consciousness of her surroundings. She was lying on the ground with debris from the blown-up grocery store all around her. Plus, she had this stinging pain in her back. She tried to move her arms to push herself up.

"Stop moving!"

Chapa turned her head slightly to see where the voice came from. Crouched beside her was Captain Man with a worried expression.

"Chapa, can you understand what I'm saying?" Captain Man asked, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

She didn't answer him. Chapa was trying to remember what the hell happened. How did she end up where she was? Her eyebrows were furrowed, and her face was scrunched up in confusion, and maybe pain, but she would never admit to that. All she could remember was speaking to Bose and there being this giant wave of heat. wait-

"Bose!" Chapa quickly sat up, which she regretted instantly as waves of pain ran through her body and a rush of dizziness overcame her. She ignored it, however, and frantically looked around for the boy.

"Chapa! Lay down!" Captain Man quickly placed a gentle hand on the back of her head and her right shoulder, trying to push her to lay back down. Chapa wasn't worried about that.

"Where is he?" she said, slowly lying back down on the ground. She kept turning her head, looking for him.

"He's fine. He's back at the mansnest with the others." Captain Man replied, and Chapa let out a relieved sigh. He moved his other hand to cup Chapa's head. "And stop moving your head like that! You're concussed!"

Chapa stopped moving her head, allowing it to rest in Captain Man's hands, "What happened?"

Captain Man's eyes widened slightly, "What do you remember?"

"I just remember talking to Bose by the door. I- I don't remember about what. And there was this sudden huge wave of heat. But by the looks of it, it seems like something blew up."

Captain Man let out a sigh, looking up from Chapa to the darkness outside. He needed the others to get here quickly. Typically, they would teleport back to the mansnest, but with Chapa's condition being so bad, she had to be transported via vehicle.

"That's okay." He looked back at her. "How do you feel? Does anything hurt?"

"I'm fine-"

"Chapa."

"You never answered my question." She changed the subject, "What happened?"

Captain Man took a deep breath, "Some criminals decided it would be a smart idea to use explosives to break into the jewelry store next door. From what Bose remembers, you guys heard a steady beeping noise, came to investigate, and suddenly everything just blacked out."

"That's stupid." she slurred slightly, closing her eyes. She felt a sudden light tap on her cheek and she opened her eyes again.

"What is?"

"Using explosives. That would just-" she winced as pressure and pain appeared in her head. Her adrenaline must be wearing out. She continued anyways, "That would just destroy the jewelry.."

Captain Man noticed this and used the hand cupping her face to gently massage circles into her temple. He chuckled lightly, "Yes, Chapa. That is pretty stupid."

She melted into the touch, closing her eyes. Once again there was a tap on her cheek.

"Keep your eyes open for me." Captain Man began massaging her temples again.