Prologue - A life and death of a TV host

(A/N: This chapter is mainly backstory, so if you so desire you can skip this one. I found this song while researching for this chapter and I love it.  Victor was Vox's human name here also warning Mega chapter)

Alastor POV - 1933, Sunday
I hummed as I stretched sitting up. I slid off of the bed as I began to hum one of the latest hit songs 'The night was made for love'.  I strolled over to my closet and quickly changed to a proper suit and out of my nightgown.  I smiled loving the cherry red color.  I walked out of my room making note of the day, February 20th.  A beautiful Saturday morning, Elizabeth, Victor and the others would be visiting for our family monthly brunch today.  I chuckled smiling as Victor would be staying the week.  I should probably get rid of the body... I walked downstairs and blinked remembering that I had buried the skeleton last night and had the meat in the freezer in the hunting shed out back.  That's good.  Victor's smart enough to stay away, he knows his gun safety.  I walked outside into my backyard which opened out into the forest.  I blinked as a beautiful doe and her fawn looked at me before they ran deep into the forest.  Oh I hope that fawn grows into a beautiful buck that I can hunt.  'Just like this person was',

I thought to myself as I strolled into my hunting shed.  Well I mainly called it that but it was more of my personal morgue, where I also made venison. The second I walked in a sharp earthy smell filled my nostrils, earth, blood and gunpowder. I exhaled happily to be in my best environment. I walked over to the table and grabbed the match box. I lit a match and lit the oil lamp above the table illuminating the small room. I had been horrified at how close it was to falling apart when I first moved here, luckily it was salvageable. I opened the freezer and pulled some nice thigh meat out and put it on the table. I hummed as I put it down on the table... hmm to many blood stains and it's beginning to fall apart, I should get a new table. I grabbed my cleaver and cut a nice hunk of meat off the side. A bit of fat and the gray blue skin hung onto the muscle. Luckily most of the blood had drained out as I dropped the rest of the thigh back into the freezer and walked back to the kitchen in the house.

Quickly cook and cut it up to eat before Victor arrives... and the rest of the family arrived. I grabbed a pan and stake knife. I turned the oven on and cut the meat up and watched as it turned from pinkish red to a nice medium rare. I happily took it off and turned off the stove.  I likely have about an hour before the family arrives so I grabbed a fork and quickly dug in.  Delicious.  I quickly finished up the thigh before I put the dish in the sink and strolled towards the parlor.  I hummed as I grabbed a random vinyl record and put it on.  I sat down and began to wait.

🎵🎶🎵

I stood up and walked to the door.  A woman in a rather traditional black dress and hat.  She had startlingly blue eyes that made you think she knew something about you that you didn't want her to know.  She was a rather angular woman who to many seemed harsh and unforgiving.  A warm smile graced her features and the gaggle of four kids made her seem soft.  She had olive skin and curly dark hair that that reminded me of mother, and my only sister.  Well still living, an outbreak of polio did in Sarah two years ago.  I laughed as I opened the door.
"Ah welcome Elizabeth, Victor, Angela, Amelia and Todd.  I half thought you weren't coming this month."
Victor ran in leading the pack minus Todd who was cooing happily in his mother's arms.  Victor himself was speaking in a reasonable manner that he heard Leo Reisman was on, the others were screaming.  Horrid things.  My smile dropped as I saw the red rash on Todd's too pale face.  Sympathy was needed after all.  Elizabeth was the first to speak.
"Thank you again for taking in Victor.  I know you've never liked kids but with Todd...". Her own smile fell.
"Ah ah ah, keep a smile.  You know what mother always said, besides there are children present."
Elizabeth smiled but it was clearly fake, you could see she was stressed.  But the smile would be enough to trick most of the kids.  Victor was always iffy with that kind of stuff.  I walked inside and was a bit irked to see Angela and Amelia being wild things while Victor was reading a book on video cameras muttering something to himself. His miss matched eyes clearly thinking something.
Victor himself was completely ordinary to the eye, a mop of sun blonde hair and paler skin but still held the rosy hue of youth, his mouth upturned in a cat like smile; except for the eyes, the left was blue and the right a warm brown. That along with his unfortunate tendency to stare earned him his nickname Alley cat. He looked far more like me than his own mother. Hardly a trace of his father either except for those locks of his. Victor looked up at me, eyes shining as they always did. Always looking to the future that one.
"Hey Uncle Al? Did you know that one of the first moving pictures was of people walking through a garden?"
I shook my head. That book was honestly more shelf filler than reading material for me.
"No, I didn't. I'm sure you'll be able to teach me a full lesson when you leave."
Victor lit up revealing his two front teeth were missing. I laughed as I ruffled up his hair Victor laughing.
"I nearly forgot about that!" Victor happily explained.