Friends and Sins

(A/N: TW contains mentions of Valentino being a predator.  Trying to partially censor but I couldn't here.  Will put a 🦋 in the area where it's at.  I'm not fully censoring him being a horndog as that's just Valentino.  He'd have next to no personality outside of that.  Next chapter is also gonna have a big time skip.)
Vox POV - 1973
I smiled shifting my posture as we arrived at 'Hell registry'. It was dark, the pentagram a near ominous blood red against the midnight red night sky that darkened around the event horizon. It had gotten dark on my walk here the first time, the building looked exactly the same. Ah, brings back memories. I walked in chuckling as Valentino nearly walked into the wall above the door behind me. The Imp woman was there behind the table. Freshly dead sinners were filling out the forms, a few reading pamphlets. Two of the sinners reading the pamphlets noticed me and immediately looked nervous. The Imp woman waved.
"My my Vox it's been seventeen years hasn't it. What are you doing gracing this little place and who's that behind you?"
I motioned to Valentino who was distracted watching a show. I looked closely and saw that he was watching a rerun of a safety PSA I was in about the dangers of being out during the extermination. It was filmed a couple of years ago. Valentino turned towards me and I waved him over before I answered the Imp woman's question.
"I'm getting him registered. He manifested here today and needs a safe space."
Valentino walked over and nodded.  The woman smiled as she pulled a drawer open and fished out a form and clipboard than a pen from an over stuffed mesh pen cup.  She handed all of them to Valentino.  We sat down so I could walk him to the apartment once he was done.  A few minutes passed with the extermination PSA playing.  I laughed at the scene of the fake Exorcist angel appeared.  Someone looked at me.
"The costume was literally mostly paper and the harness used to make them fly gave way so the actor was dropped on the sinner in an outtake.  It was funny."
Valentino snorted and... squeaked.  He looked up shocked.
"Vox what was that?"
"You squeaked, some more animal based sinners can do that.  I'm guessing that since you are a moth from your antenna; moths squeak.  At least you don't buffer or fill with static.  Tch.  Always gives me a headache."
Valentino turned back to filling out his form.
Hours passed by slowly as I grew increasingly concerned about Valentino's eyesight.  It was less than ten questions.  He clearly wasn't happy as he couldn't read a thing.  He started muttering something about wanting his cigarettes after about the two hour mark.  Eventually Valentino put down the pen... after six hours.  I quickly directed Valentino to the desk making a mental note to get the moth to an eye doctor once this was over.
"Come on Val, we have less than six hours till sun rise.  It's a thirty minute walk to my apartment and I'd like to get some sleep tonight."

📺🛜📺🛜📺

We were walking towards my apartment when I noticed I was suddenly alone.  Grumbling I turned around.  Valentino was starring down a lamppost.  Walking closer I examined the scene.  Valentino's eyes were wide as saucers, he was completely still just staring at the light.  What the-
Oh he's a moth, moth to a flame.  I sighed as I looked around.  A gas station.  I rushed over crossing the street to the corner and walked in.  I pulled out my debit card swearing that Valentino would pay me back my eyes constantly checking the hours ticking down.  We had five now.  I grabbed a two dollar pair of sun glasses and as I wanted Valentino to shut up for once I grabbed three packs of cigarettes and a thirty cent lighter.  The cashier honestly didn't notice as he was high on something.  I didn't even pay as I rushed out.  I pulled out the sun glasses and jumped up put them on Valentino's face.  He blinked confused as I handed him his sticks.  He lit a cigarette as I quickly explained with him following.
"Turns out light can be a weakness for you as you got hypnotized by a fucking lamp."
Finally after forty minutes we arrived at the apartment, it should have taken a whole two hours max to do something that took nearly seven.  Huffing I opened the door and Valentino walked in.  Turning around in circles he looked around.  Taking a drag before he spoke.
"Wow, this is a real nice place you got here."  He sounded genuine.
"Thanks, being an overlord pays well."
A few minutes passed as I left to get changed into my pajamas.  Once I was back Valentino had finished his cigarette and had thrown it out.  He was sitting on a couch in a coat he had managed to make from his wings.  He was shivering clearly cold.  We could see the clock tower from here, Valentino seemed rather interested in it.
"The first clock tower there was built in the fourteen hundreds, it's burned down three times, the last was at the turn of the century."
Valentino nodded before he turned towards the TV.

📺🛜📺🛜📺

I immediately woke up as the thunderous bells roared out for the first time in a year.  Valentino shrieked as I ran to the living room and dropped the screen wall and locked it in place hiding the glass wall behind a wall of carbon fiber.  I ran to the door as Valentino was freaking out and triple locked it practically sealing us in here.  Ignoring the screaming moth I then ran through making sure every single window was locked and covered.  I than dragged Valentino to my bedroom where we set up bases tucked between the wall and my bed.  A place that I always hid whenever necessary.  I handed Valentino a paper bowl as he began to smoke.  Don't want ash all over my floor and the first time is always the worst.  I'd be surprised if half a pack was left by the end of this.  Time stretched on infinitely in a tense silence.  Even the stench of Valentino's for some reason pink smoke wasn't mentioned or how it indicated an ability.  It probably helped that I hadn't smelled or really even felt anything since my death and Valentino was probably used to it. Anxiety clearly riddled Valentino's form.
"Don't worry Val, I've been through this seventeen times now.  It's going to be okay."
I crawled over to a pile of movies hidden under the bed and started to play a version of Romeo and Juliet I was in while human.  I played Benvolio.  It took about ten minutes for Valentino to clam down and focus on the movie.
"Thank you...". Valentino whispered under his breath.

📺🛜📺🛜📺

It's been almost a day since the extermination started.  We had talked a lot once I ran out of romances, tragedy's and Drama movies.  The air was still tense but more comfortable.  Valentino had gotten a lot more comfortable and was currently laying on my bed drawing my human form.
"So Voxxy, have you reconnected with anyone you knew while alive?"
I rolled my eyes at the nickname before nodding I answered.  "Yeah, my mom.  She's a moth demon like you.  You interested in finding anyone?"
🦋- Valentino shook his head.  "Nope.  My entire family hated me after I got arrested the first time."
"First time?"
"Yeah, didn't even do that one.  Accused of rape at nineteen.  Didn't force myself on anyone till twenty six and it was a man." -🦋
I blinked.  "So that's why you're in hell."
Valentino nodded.  "That and occasional accidental murder when things got particularly violent.  It was self defense however!  ... Why are you here Voxxy?"
I shrugged.  "Sabotage, didn't kill anyone but wasn't afraid to... lightly maim ones face with a hammer.  Killing is a very strict no because of my Uncle."
Valentino laughed.  "I found a book about your crimes than.  The Hazel eyed Hollywood attacks.  You poisoned the Jack Marilyn?  And nearly dropped a spotlight on Venessa Gray?  Made a camera explode on the set of Madam Lily garden!  Majorly disfigured three up and coming celebrities!"
"Guilty as charged~ The contacts made my eyes itchy."
Valentino laughed as he laid down.
"That's been the biggest mystery in the history of Hollywood for twenty years!  Yet on my first full day here I know what happened."
"Only one other person than us knows what happened."
"Who?"
"Bob, my old camera man.  He tried to save me before I died."
Valentino nodded any sense of the original tense was lost.  A few minutes passed before Valentino spoke.
"Hey Voxxy?  Since you're an Overlord can you help me become an Overlord?"
"Well you need a business and have it able to have you make deals first."
"I'm gonna make a porn studio than!"
What.  I looked at Valentino who sat up.  What is going on in that head...
"You are not filming here.  Go get a job and rent someplace out to film!"