Establishing roots

Victor/Vox POV - 1956
I jumped feeling a sudden headache which faded suddenly.  I blinked and was on a street... I quickly looked around questioning what happened. The whole place looked trashed and strange people were... running? I turned around and froze as I saw a very red deer man with shadowy black tendrils terrorizing- no he was fighting against a two faced bird demon in an over elaborate costume. I took a step back as the deer man threw the two faced demon in my direction. I did what I could. And ran the other way. The entire city seemed almost in ruin. I managed to make it several blocks before running past a window front store. I froze. A TV headed demon in my clothes by different stared back at me. I waved my hand and the demon did to. I blinked and he did. Mirroring my every moment... as I was the TV headed demon. I jumped as I heard a shriek and continued running.

📺🛜📺🛜📺

I exhaled legs aching as I collapsed against an alleyway wall. The rough concrete was a comfort; grounding me. I blinked watching and listening for anything to happen. Hours slowly ticked by as everything sunk in. Eventually there was silence. I stood up maybe an hour or so later. The giant red pentagram in the sky had darkened so it was probably getting dark. I slowly made my way out and slowly maneuvered through the carnage.
I eventually came across a building called 'Hell registry' it looked fairly welcoming. I slowly walked in and a red skinned demon woman was sitting behind the counter. She blinked as she saw me.
"Oh hello dearie. You must be new here. Sorry for your death. Are you registered as a resident of hell?"
I shook my head. The woman nodded as she pulled out several papers.
"As people or well Sinners such as yourself randomly appearing here is common so we have a registry and whole system. So than let's get your information down."
She handed me a clipboard with several papers on it and motioned for me to sit on a chair. Several other sinners were filling out the form. So I sat on a red couch and began to fill everything out.
I put my human name on top. Blinked when I saw I could pick a new name and several examples. Why were drugs an example of stuff you could name yourself after? I circled to pick a new name and wrote my nickname in the space for if you pick a new name, Vox and for a last name choose what some people used to call movies but shortened; Motions. Vox Motions, I like it. I opted into finding family, I need to know where my uncle and grandfather are so I can avoid them, luckily the complete name change would most definitely help. Then I moved down, put my birthday on, date of death and my age. I left cause of death blank as I don't know what happened, I think I was crushed but not certain. I identified myself as an Cristian, white, male. I opted into getting my own apartment so I wouldn't be homeless and would hopefully find a job pretty soon as only six months of rent would be excused.
Soon enough I finished and walked over to the woman. I traded the file for an information packet, my new apartment keys, phone number and address. I walked out of the building and slowly made my way asking for help on where the building was. However I stopped when I saw a news station with a help wanted sign. I jotted down the location and hastily continued wondering if anyone there would have heard of me. Likely, TV is fairly new and I have been in the industry for fifteen years now. Eventually as it was starting to get light again I reached the red apartment building. I rushed up the stairs eventually slowing as I passed the fifth floor and eventually reached apartment 1310, my new home in literal hell, or well pentagram city. I walked in and found it was three rooms, bedroom, bathroom and the main room. Reminds me of mom's old home. I frowned finding a bug infestation... and a dead rat in the bathtub... this place is a dump.

📺🛜📺🛜📺

I exhaled as my eyes opened.  I got up aching as I had slept on the floor, the hardwood in the corner which I assume is the kitchen.  As I don't trust the carpet yet.  In fact I'll remove it when I can and just go all hardwood.  It looks nice.  I yawned as I stumbled over to the pamphlet and walked out the door.  I really need to know how hell works if I'm going to reclaim my status as I can't live in that place.  Plus I need to be able to defend myself if I meet Alastor.  I opened the pamphlet and got on my way.
So sinners and hellborn are two separate things entirely as sinners can't have kids. The lady who gave me the pamphlet was an imp. Bottom of the social ladder, except for hell hounds. And what's an overlord? I froze as I continued to read but quickly continued walking, there were three overlords currently in power, Zestial Morde, Carmila Carmine and Alastor Hartfelt. I didn't care much for Zestial or Carmila, but HIM! There were three paragraphs detailing his life and what he's done in hell. Than I turned back to read exactly what an overlord was. A sinner demon who has grown stronger through soul dealing? I wonder if I could do that? Certainly if I can reestablish myself it would be easy. I flipped to the next page. Wait I have some sort of super natural ability? And if I become an overlord I could get even more. Maybe enough to successfully defeat Alastor in a fight, if I'm smart. I silently began to plan, soul deals don't seem easy to make. But I can likely force them, or get my most loyal and die hard fans to sign those deals. Then once I have enough start offering protection against Alastor. Maybe I could even start a tech company?
I quickly put the pamphlet away as I walked into the 666 news station. I glanced at the sign and saw it was for being a on site reporter. It's not a game show but it's the same as my original start. I laughed at the coincidence. This'll be fun.
There was a sinner demon working as a receptionist. I blinked before I spoke.
"Hello, Is the reporter gig open?" The receptionist nodded as she pulled out a form.
"Date of death, abilities as a sinner and name please?"
"September sixth 1956, I arrived here yesterday so I don't know and my name is Vi- Vox, Vox Motions."
The receptionist blinked as she heard my name.
"Isn't Vox the nickname of that famous game show host who is sometimes on the news on earth?"
"One in the same, died yesterday on set. Assume a spotlight crushed my head."
The sinner sneered clearly not believing as she wrote something down. "Any experience in the industry."
"Six months as a cameraman's assistant, fifteen as a news reporter and six years as a game show host."
She clearly didn't believe me. I don't think I'm getting this job, hopefully I can find something else. This could be bad.
"Can I please have your phone number so we may potentially contact you about potential interviews?"
"(XXX) XXX-XXXX"

I was contacted two weeks later... and got the job easily. Apparently word of my death had spread from smugglers and new sinners. I had settled on making my own technology company and would be using my money for this project after everything else of course, TVs and cameras were always great choices.

Four years slowly ticked by. Vox did as he always did and drowned himself in work. He had apparently take so many reports that he was often mistaken for the anchor, and someone had been laid off. Starting up Voxtek was definitely hard but he was the cheapest supplier of colored TVs that were also good, video cameras were the same. The video tapes were even compatible with the TVs so you could make home movies a novelty at the time in hell. Voxtek still wasn't big by any means but it had potential. Enough so that the TV star moved into a larger apartment. And he hadn't seen a bit of Alastor since that first fateful day.

Vox POV - 1960
I smiled as I made my way to the interview. The anchor, Lucy looselips had kept an unusually quiet mouth on who I was interviewing but they couldn't be good business if they lived in the cannibal colony. I even had to spend an unfortunate amount of money to get a proper tailored suit in this style. Ugh I hadn't seen anything like it since Uncle Al died. Once I reached the town I sat down at the gazebo.